Thursday, July 23, 2015

An innocent baby and a 3 day manhunt

FIND BABY EMBER 


It's been about 3 weeks now, that this precious baby girl has been missing. It has upset me to where I was obsessed with checking everything I could. We went to the prayer vigil they had and the Husband helped search. Our community is torn. Half the people think the dad is innocent (he was named a person of interest) and the other half think he is as guilty as sin. I am in that camp, but before that, I thought he was innocent...until some of the information from the Sheriff's Dept came out. I was devastated, that the dad had lied. All circumstantial evidence, but why lie to law enforcement? 

When we attended the vigil, Matthew, the dad had just been released from jail the day before - and I watched him. His body language etc. He was not comfortable - seemed out of place and downright nervous or guilty? Totally detached. I watched his young 19 yr old wife - who seemed sincere to me and while she was upset, she did what a mom does - she held it together so that the information can get out there. Matthew's mom the day before, had said, he was "fragile".  (Some believe the Mom knows more than she is telling but the Sheriff says she has been checked out thoughtfully.)  The very next day, as soon as they announced they found a pacifier  Matthew took off after stealing his mom's gun, cash and her cell phone. (Matthew's mom is a former Deputy Sheriff) 

That incident caused a huge manhunt - in our area. Armed and dangerous, he terrorized the community, with sightings, stealing vehicles, and sleeping beside homes, that did not know he was there, until morning. Helicopters, police were everywhere. I stayed home - and listened to the scanner. It all ended Monday, when he stole a car by gunpoint, and drove up to Dunsmuir and there was a shootout and he was killed. Witnesses said, that law enforcement gave him everything he needed to surrender, but Matthew would not. He shot at them and they shot back. He lost. 

What really made me mad, was his family gets on TV and blame law enforcement. They insist he was innocent and that he was on his way to Oregon to follow up on a lead. THAT lead was already checked out. It was NOT baby Ember. Come on, he was using that, to get out of the state of California. His family never apologized to the community for what their son did - only blamed. I bet, they will try and sue the county. Matthew was doing drugs - probably meth and he had a honey-oil lab in his trailer home. His father lives in Reno and his Mom is out of state as well. They did not KNOW their son, as well as they thought. 

The whole case has been a mess with a terribly sad turn of events, which mean, Baby Ember is probably dead and now it is a cadaver search. Oh and BTW, the DNA on the pacifier was that of Baby Ember. It was found in a rugged terrain. It's heartbreaking. 

6 comments:

  1. That is so very sad! It's probably too much to hope that that poor baby is still alive. So awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe she is alive. I HOPE I am wrong

      Delete
  2. I am praying that the baby is alive and they find her safe somehow. Whatever the problem the man has, I hope that does not effect the baby and the baby is safe by some miracle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT would be a miracle if she is alive

      Delete
  3. Heartbreaking, yes. Poor innocent baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really affected me. Maybe because they are local and we helped. When I first laid eyes on that baby, I fell in love. Tragic.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts