Monday, June 15, 2015

Rear end accident


Doesn't look that bad, right? Uni-body frame makes it unsuitable and too costly for repair.


 So a week ago, last Sunday, the husband was on his way to work. He gets rear-ended while he is stopped at a light. OUCH! The 17 yr old that hit him was most likely texting because why would he not notice, he was stopped at a red light? The husband re-injured his back from an earlier injury just last month. Nothing serious. The car, was drivable and he went on to work after all the preliminary stuff was done. Fortunately, he had 2 witnesses. A CHP and a Firemen.

The car is totaled. It's a 2010 with 54,000 miles on it. We even had an extended warranty on it.  Runs like a little charm. We're sick about it. We still owe about $2500 on the loan. After that is paid off, we get stuck with a smaller amount and we are not going to make a new car purchase, or finance another vehicle. We are going to sacrifice for about 6 months, using THE BEAST and saving like mad to add to the money so we can pay cash for the car. I am sick, that we will have to pay for a someone else's used car with 100,000 miles on it. All because some 17 yr old wasn't watching what he was doing. Plus, the inconvenience it has caused us. The husband lost 2 days of work. I'm just pissed.  So much for trying to do what is right...it gets taken away and you're back to square one.



THE BEAST has been called back into the game.

5 comments:

  1. I firmly believe that kids should be 18 to get a drivers licence! Sorry about your car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad. We are better off without all this technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the other driver have insurance? Here, insurance is mandatory. Sorry about your car and that your husband got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also would be pissed, it doesn't look like a lot of damage but often these days not a lot of damage can right a car off and when you still paying for it, it really sucks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that your hubby got into an accident. The teenagers on the road scare me to death sometimes. I'm glad they have more commercials on TV about texting and driving. I hope it's doing some good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts