Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Aging women




I actually enjoy being 61 years old. I feel good - am healthy and happy (most of the time) I'm comfortable with myself for the first time in years. However, there are some women I know personally, who are in and around my age, who still think there is a competition going on. That to me, is old-school and I am trying to embrace my new life as a senior citizen - I don't want to live like that anymore.  Granted, I don't have to get obese, let myself go etc but I don't have to make all the fuss about how I look, like I did when I was younger.

One person keeps telling me how skinny they are - I haven't seen her in a year. I mean WHY does she feel she has to tell me that? I feel as if, I might relapse into the old-school behavior of trying to look as good.  Why do women still do that? Why do I still wrestle with that? I thought by the time you hit the 60's, life would be golden.

Some of the older women I know, older than me - are beautiful. No they don't have the figure of Christie Brinkley - or look as young as Cher.  They still have their wrinkles, and make the best of them. They wear clothes that fit and look nice in them. They are not trying to look younger than they are. That's how I want to be.

Looks like, it doesn't end, until it ends.


8 comments:

  1. My mom is 75 and goes to her reunions. She says that there is not that competition of years past, they are all just happy to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Mom is still young. Good for her. I've only been to one reunion - and that was enough for me. I have many of them on my Facebook and that is the extent of it all. I really don't need to be around them.

      Delete
  2. I have decided to let my hair grow out to it’s natural color of gray. I’m pretty happy with it so far.
    I like to exercise. Not so much to stay in shape, but because I feel so much better when I’m active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing that as well. I like it too.

      Delete
  3. My question is why did women do that in the first place. I mean, follow the tension filled mainstream and gossip on top of that.
    I go for walks and that is not for looks, but to keep my sugar under control and to keep my joints from going stiff.
    Good for you that you unserstood this all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum is 75 and doesn't act or look it she is always on the go and doesn't have a grey hair, yes she colours it but her roots grow in black not grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless her heart. You have good genes.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts