Thursday, March 26, 2015

Good Morning...and happy Spring



My birthday flowers


I guess it's been awhile - since I posted. Time flies.

Lets see, what's new. Weather has been gorgeous which is nice for me but not for the drought. Entering the 4th year. We've only had a couple big storms and that's it. It didn't even get down to a good freeze this year so bugs will be pesky this HOT DRY summer.
The family is good. Dysfunctional as ever. Ahh, but would I want it any other way? I don't know, try me.
The guys are doing well with their jobs/ Foodie had a bout of good luck. His college loan was forgiven, which amounted to about $8-9,000. About $200 a month. It just came out of the blue. The next day, he won a day off with pay, from his job in a drawing and the following day he found a $5. bill on the ground.

I've been trying to get my house in order. Spring cleaning. We ripped up the outdoor carpet that had been glued to the cement patio on our Lanai. It was so rotten, it just pulled right up but left the previously glued webbing mat - so now I have to take the belt sander to get it all off so we can paint the patio. All this, because of the new sliding glass door. Still need to paint inside, but we tend to get sidetracked with other chores.

Susie my cat, is a doll. I have been enjoying her very much. She's almost 10lbs and when she stretches out, she is long and tall. Still mischievous and playful.

my birthday flowers and Susie

11 comments:

  1. Happy Spring! Today it's in the 60's where I live, but it's raining all day.

    Your flowers are beautiful and you're right, Susie is getting big... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers and cute cat :) My hubby said that California had 16% of snow pack, Arizona (where we live now had 85%). Not good the drought has been going on this long!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, California is in deep DOO DOO. They say we have only 1 more year of water. They have cut us down to 36%. It is going to be a long HOT and dry summer.

      Delete
  3. Your kitty is pretty. The Hurricane got a cat. I'm glad for Foodie.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hurricane got YOUR cat???? That is horrible.

      Delete
  4. Does Susie see a bird?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment on my post. I am sorry that you lost your mom that way.

    Happy Spring to you too. Those flowers are gorgeous. Enjoy them and I hope that you had a wonderful Birthday. Also many happy returns.

    Cats are awesome and I am sure Susie is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cats and Susie makes me love them even more.

      Delete
  6. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and Thank you for your comment.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts