Tuesday, February 03, 2015

To gerd or not to gerd...


the last time I was in Virginia City.


Day 5 on the medication and I am just starting to feel better. I have been eating a bland diet of mostly, apple juice, bananas, chicken breast, white rice, turkey breast, lean ham, potato, veggies, and fruits like strawberries. Soon I will step out of the box, just a little to experiment. I WILL NOT BE A PRISONER TO GERD. Yesterday I had some (weaker than I usually like) coffee and did okay and held it to 1 cup. I eat a banana and have a little apple juice before I drink my coffee.

Ohhhhhh fun fun fun. Of course now, I am constipated.

So anyway, our anniversary weekend is coming up - and we've decided to go to Reno Nevada. Apparently a big storm is moving in, and going to the coast would just get us wet. Reno is just 199 miles from us. Closer than the bay area! I hope to go back to my favorite ghost town - Virginia City.

I hope this finds you all well and gerd-free.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the gerd. I've actually never heard of it before and had to read your previous post to see exactly what it was. It's too bad you having to part with some of your favorite foods, but I'm glad to hear that the medication is helping. Hang in there and feel better... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST as I read "I am constipated," I finished my leftover rice and beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like fun to go to Reno/Virginia City! Haven't been there in years, but enjoyed the times we were there :) Glad to hear a little improvement too on the way you feel!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be gerd free but alas not the case, I hope things work out for you

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts