Monday, February 23, 2015

Safety glass





As the weather gets warmer, and the sunny days get longer, I am able to get more done. I have been spring-cleaning. So far only the kitchen has been done. My cabinets and pantry were getting disorganized with so many "cooks" in the house.

Then last week, Foodie was mowing the lawn when he ran over a rock, which broke out our sliding glass door window. Fortunately it is a double paned window and a safety window and only shattered on the outside and is still intact. Interesting how those windows are made; teeny tiny strips of plastic layered between glass. Our homeowners doesn't cover it and anyway, I wouldn't of wanted to claim it - and then have my rates increase more than the door was worth. So we bought a new sliding glass door and are waiting for the home depot guy to come out and measure and get what we may need that is extra to bring it up to code. It is a 23 year old sliding glass door.




We were thinking about getting patio french doors - love them. But it's in my dining area and the door knob would be in the middle - it just didn't have that feng-shui going on. So we settled for the sliding door (the husband is disappointed) that matches our living room windows. The ones with the panes that are inside the window so you can clean them better. It will look nice.



Hopefully, it will inspire me to clean up the dining area and make it look nice again.

I think with so many people living here, I have given up. I just do what is necessary.





10 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya. I just do what is necessary. My motto is, "it's good enough".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep just don't go into my master bathroom!

      Delete
  2. Should look nice once the new door is in place. I lived in a terrible situation for the past four years where I basically didn't clean the entire time (hubby's parents' house that was filled to the gill with their stuff and took forever to clear it out and then I was working 40 plus hours a week, hubby about 15 and I thought he had more time to clean, so I just stopped cleaning). Now I'm in a much better living arrangement and I'm finding I want to keep it looking nice, so I do a bit every day. Its amazing how much can get done just 30 minutes or less on a daily basis :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I am not working - and everyone else in the home is, I guess it is my job to at least, try and keep it presentable. It's clean - just sometime it is cluttered

      Delete
  3. We put in a new slider a few years ago. I remember you commenting on it, actually. The slider doesn't have the panes. It was cheaper that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we sprang for the panes...

      Delete
  4. I didn't know that's how the no shatter windows are made. You are full of knowledge.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weekend we moved into this place Tim shattered the front sliding door cost us $300 to replace the glass and the glass that shattered was not safety glass and there was glass all over the place and of course we had two toddlers at the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. Yeah they can be expensive

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts