Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Moth




I sit here this beautiful Monday morning, watching my kitten (who is not so little anymore) play with a moth. She's been batting this poor guy around for 10 minutes. She will eventually eat it, I am sure. So cute how she "plays" with her food. At Christmas, there was this one long box, that she took a liking to. So we've kept it. She plays with it - drops her toys into it and gets in and scratches - she puts the moth inside and watches it struggle.

It's funny how it is calming to her. Probably NOT for the moth.

9 comments:

  1. I simply use one of those green long feather dusters. I call it "Mr. Green."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go. I'm going to have to get one of those!

      Delete
  2. I saw a bird trying to kill a butterfly, and I intervened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I don't watch. I had my husband intervene once, when our male cat was torturing a mouse and I could hear it scream. I had him finish off the poor thing. It was suffering. Butterflies only live for something like one day...

      Delete
  3. I had to laugh at how the bachelor killed the moth. That was one I hadn't seen yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew a guy who used to suck up spiders with a vacuum cleaner hose.

      Delete
  4. Never had a cat as a pet, but heard they do make delightful ones. Glad she founds ways to amuse herself :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was funny, just saying

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts