Wednesday, January 14, 2015

DMV and double standards.




We now have 5 cars in this family. Navy's beat up piece of junk, has to wait a bit. He never got the title on it, after he paid for it through Navy Federal. He paid it off when he was on deployment. You know, some guys just don't get the details - procrastinate and now, 7 years later he can't get rid of it, even to the junk yard without a title. So he called NF and they sent it to the Commonwealth of Virginia and he has to go through their DMV. Now we are on the West Coast - and there is a 3 hour difference. He has tried the last couple of days and they put him on hold and he either has to go to work, or it's on his lunch. By the time he gets home, they are closed. WHAT a hassle. The husband is getting irritated - but that's nothing new. He gets irritated about anything having to do with my sons. I always say, God knew what He was doing when he gave me 3 sons. I wanted girls at first - I guess just to play dolls and dress up. But after my first son, I was in love with boys. I never have felt cheated that I did not have daughters. On the other-hand, God knew the husband would not do well with sons, so He gave him 2 daughters. So with that being said, there is a double standard in this house, when it comes to our adult children. The husband is very co-dependent to Char - and really hard on my sons. She does no wrong. Mine on the other hand, are constantly having to walk on egg shells. So there is tension, until he gets this car off the driveway.As for me, it is what it is. Why get all upset over it? Yeah he "shoulda" done all of this before, but he didn't. This is the hand we've been dealt with.

In all fairness, I don't do well with having a step-daughter. She wants to go to the movies and watch chick flicks and I don't like those types of movies. She annoys me at times, how she "works" her dad. She likes to talk a lot and tell me everything about every detail of her day and I am used to talking to guys. I've learned how to translate grunts. I'm used to the bad moods, when they come home from work. I think sometimes, Char has to walk on eggshells because of me. I forget that she is not my own kid - I didn't raise her and she is not like my sons. She gets her feelings hurt a lot. I do best, when I just go into my room and hide from her...so I won't say something that might hurt her feelings.

I tell you, it ain't easy.

9 comments:

  1. I hope that things work out between all of you.
    Listening to some one talk can be difficult some times, but may be it helps them.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time visiting your blog; having lived in California; never want to deal with DMV problems there, so hope your son can get what he needs quickly and gets it all resolved without paying an arm and a leg to do so.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hide out in my room with my sound machine. I believe you have one too! Don't you like Westerns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have a sound machine!!! I believe you and I are the only ones who admit to it.

      Delete
    2. And yes, I love westerns....Watched every single BIG VALLEY episode for season one. I like them cowboys!

      Delete
  4. I sympathize I have one just like that. Girls are so much more difficult than boys and when they're grown their affect just becomes bigger!
    btw, surprised about the virgina dmv the place is usually like a grave yard, never busy when I go there. Has he tried their on line service?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just this morning, (Tues) he finally got through to DMV and they told him, it was Navy Federal and not them. So he is getting the runaround from someone.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts