Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Another loss




A good friend of mine, from the old days, lost his son last week. He was probably in his late 30's. Kenny is a jovial, happy man who jokes a lot and is an all around fun guy. Knowing what it is like to lose an adult child to death, I can't help but wonder how this will change him, because we all change a little when you lose a part of yourself.

I find myself struggling - and trying not to re-live my loss and what I went through, as I empathize with him.






9 comments:

  1. How could you not? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for his loss and for your loss, no matter how long ago it was, I'm sure it is always a part of you. I can sympathize, but you definitely can empathize with your friend over his loss. Again, I am so sorry.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really changes a person.

      Delete
  3. It must be hard to be the same person after loosing a child, no matter how old the child is. My aunt lost two of her daughters in an auto accident and she became very quite. I hope that you are able to cope with the possibility of your friend changing and I pray that your friend finds some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your friend, and I am sorry for you, too. I lost my sister, fifteen years ago now, and to this day, whenever a friend loses one of their own, I empathize with them, but it also reminds me of my own grief. Losses like that never heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww sorry for your loss.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry for your friend’s loss.
    Hearing of another person’s loss is certainly one of the triggers which brings back the sharpness of my own sadness. I understand how you feel.
    Something your empathy will provide for your friend are the words to say, but probably more importantly the words not to say.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts