Monday, December 01, 2014

PM Post - New Month


Mt Lassen


I overslept this morning and didn't get out of bed until after 9am!  Today Navy started his new job. He will have training for 3 days, on all the paperwork and benefits he has coming and then he will start training. I can't wait till he gets home!

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving Day with whoever you like to spend it with. It was exceptionally good this year. No tensions - no stress. We drew names for our secret Santa gift and the season begins...

I put up my tree. It has lights already on it. No decorations yet. So far the kitten is doing good. Maybe this evening I will start decorating it. This is the tree I bought at the thrift store. Our other tree is a little 4 ft one and it was skinny. The men in the family, like to go up and cut one down, but to be honest with you, I am not comfortable with real trees due to fire. I enjoy keeping my lights on, throughout the day and you just can't or shouldn't do that, with real trees. Especially here in California. I'll buy real wreaths and greenery to place around the house for that nice pine fragrance.

Yesterday I sat with the heating pad on my lower back on medium and burned my back. Probably in-between a first and second degree burn - I have one blister. Man, that hurt like hell. My neck still bothers me and I am thinking it might be arthritis. I don't know...Seems it mysteriously came when it was cold and our bed is under the window. So we plan to move the bed...I am fine if I keep my neck warm with a scarf. Really sucks getting old.

In 10 days the first installment for my property tax is due. I wish they would have it due in Nov instead of December. and Yeah we could of and probably should of, had it in our monthly payment but for whatever reason, we didn't. It wasn't a problem until the last couple of years. It just hits me. (I know it shouldn't but you know, S#@T happens)

It's a dark dreary damp day. I'm surprised and quite pleased at how much rain we have been getting. It can't let up - we need to flood this drought away. Be done with it! I'm even sacrificing my dark moods this time of year - I can't complain. I started taking some vitamin D. My husband wants to get me a special light. I have to outsmart my depression!




6 comments:

  1. My house is looking and feeling like Christmas I will have to sort out the gift boxes again yes now there are two boxes full of gifts or is it three

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. My tree is decorated and that's it so far.

      Delete
  2. There's something wrong with a heating pad that burns you. Maybe you should sue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! However, the they have a warning....they'd throw it out of court!

      Delete
  3. " Ouch" sorry about that burn. I hope that all your problems ( including taxes) disappear by the end of the year and you start fresh in the New Year.
    That "Special light" has helped some one I know. I am so glad that your husband is supportive about the light. I heard that Vitamin D helps too on dreary days. Also talking and venting helps too
    Taxes are a pain. Actually giving in installment is good for our discipline but banks make money on that too. It bugs me that if we cut corners and save for taxes, we don't get anything,extra just a roof on our heads, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.

      Benjamin Franklin

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts