Sunday, December 21, 2014

No sun




I told my husband, I don't believe we have seen the sun at all, this month. Of course he said, he thought we might have had at least one. I haven't seen it like this is years. The good part is we are getting rain. It's just so dark. I want to sleep all the time. I do get a second wind at night where I feel more lively. Maybe I am turning into a vampire.

I do try and get out when I can. Yesterday we went to a open house at the VA Home. I had a good time. Then we went out to eat afterwards. Last week, there was a reunion between my husband's sister and their dad. They had not seen each other in 19 years. So we arranged a reunion and all had lunch together. That turned out pleasant.

Attended our Shabbat group the other night - met a lot of new people to light the Hanukkah
candle. So it's not like I am intentionally living under a rock. I try and get out.

I am totally and officially sick of all holiday foods. Too much sweets. I did make some good brownies...with chocolate chips in them. YUM. I will be going on a diet New Years Day. I want to lose 1 pound a month. That's it. Then the following year, I will take off another 12 pounds. This might be 3 year plan.Then I don't have to totally deprive myself.

I'm sorry - I am just not very "bright" these days...




5 comments:

  1. 19 years? Have you shared that? I don't usually eat sweets, but people are giving out those pretzel almond chocolate concotions...they are salty sweet and I eat them. Lots. I gave them up today because they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 19 years since Mary saw her dad in person. They communicated through a little facebook and phone calls. That's about it

      Delete
  2. Oh, that picture! It is amazing!

    Happy Hannukah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like it's been raining non-stop here in Pennsylvania too. I guess it's better than getting snow, though. I can't say that I'm sick of holiday foods yet, but I'll probably have a different answer for you in another three days when we're still eating the same leftovers. By the way, Merry Christmas to you and your family... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to say sorry dark wet days makes one feel dark and tired well they do for me

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts