Monday, November 24, 2014

Just the basics and a couple of pies




My neck is on the mend - still painful occasionally if I jerk my head. It will take a few more days if I am careful. Not wearing that neck contraption but I have it if my neck is tired of holding up my head.
Other than that, I feel pretty good.

I'm going to brave the grocery store this morning, and bag my turkey. Cooking for 6. I don't like to roast too big of a bird because I really don't like days and days of leftovers. Enough for one leftover meal, and the rest for my Turkey Enchilada soup. Then I am done. I have finally decided, I don't care for turkey like I used to. I prefer chicken. I don't do a fancy meal anymore either. Just the basics and a couple of pies.

Yesterday was Foodies birthday. We didn't do anything special. He bought his own pizza. I did wish him a happy birthday.

If my neck feels okay, I plan to put up the tree this weekend. I bought a used tree at the thrift store last month - I think it is 7 1/2 foot. It already has lights on it. I don't think we are going to decorate it all that much due to Susie, our Ninja kitten. It's cute - we can't even keep walnuts on the coffee table. She thinks they are for her. She jumps up, paws one, picks it up and then bats it around on the floor like a hooky puck until it disappears under the coffee table. She does this until all walnuts are gone (and under the coffee table) Silly cat.










5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that your neck is bothering you. I hope you'll be feeling better soon because it's going to be hard trying to cook on Thanksgiving if you're still in pain. We just put our tree up yesterday. We like the house decorated for Thanksgiving, too. We're just nutty that way... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting a little better each day.

      Tree up??? You silly nut you! :-)

      Delete
  2. Haha. I enjoyed the birthday bit. You guys make a big fuss, huh?
    That's how I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I feel kinda bad about it but I won't be held hostage by their birthdays for the rest of my life or should I ? Hey they know I love them. I give to them on other days...

      Delete
  3. I have a bad back so I feel for you, we don't have turkey much in my family at Christmas we usually have chicken and ham and turkey but we don't get a big turkey

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts