Monday, November 17, 2014

Good things



Really, in spite of everything with my step-daughter, things are so much better than last year. FIL moves into the Veteran Home, this Wednesday, the 19th. I am so excited. Such a nice place. It will be a pleasure to visit him there. It is not crowded.

Also the other good news is: This morning, Navy received an email from Cal Vet telling him he has the job! Full time and better pay, full benefits and pretty good job security after his 6 mos probation. Plus awesome opportunity for future advancement. A good job for a young veteran! We are all very thankful. Now maybe he can afford a better used car so we can get back our Beast (the van) and he can get his junk heap off the driveway.

I really am excited for the holidays this year. BUT not until AFTER Thanksgiving. Life goes by so fast, as it is - don't need rushing Christmas any sooner.

PS. A while ago I mentioned my husband's biopsy in a delicate spot. I forgot to mention, his doctor called and gave us the good news. It is benign.

5 comments:

  1. Good news all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a good thing to stop and think about good things. I unwisely hesitate to do that at times because it seems that good things are sometimes so fragile and fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I love the word benign. Very good news indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love that word too.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts