Friday, November 21, 2014

dark, dreary, damp and depression




It's Friday and not much to report. Cold and rainy out but shouldn't complain too much because some of you might be in snow, knee deep. But I shall complain anyway,  because I just don't like the cold - especially damp-cold. Yes I plan to sacrifice this year, and hope for rain since we desperately need it. But the truth is I like 70 degrees year round. My town is the 2nd city in the US with the most sunshine after Yuma Arizona. But even the sunniest places have to have rain and clouds.

I am so prone to depression - it's dark in my house by 3:30 pm! Last year I was busy with Char and the father-in-law so I didn't notice the depression. Last year also, was dry and sunny = drought. So far we are getting more rain than last year and that is good, but not for me. I will have to do things, to make me happy and not fall in that deep pit. Keeping busy is key. I do find, that sometimes I get myself into things - just to keep busy and then I realize I am over my head. Too much business gets me overwhelmed, which brings me down too. It's a delicate mix that I still haven't figured out in my 60 years.

I'm good for now - I recognize it - it's like,  Depression is standing at the gate - waiting to come in, totally UNINVITED.

I wish I could get a restraining order on Depression....

6 comments:

  1. I can completely relate to this post. It sucks to be on the brink all the time and especially during this time of year were there is so much less sunshine! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "ON the Brink" Yes that is how it is.

      Delete
  2. You've probably already heard this...but, just in case you haven't, do you take extra vitamin D this time of year? Totally helped me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do know this and keep forgetting to go out and get me some. I hope it works.

      Delete
  3. it's that time of year unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun just peaked out an hour ago....

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts