Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Medical stuff



Friday we have to drive down to Mather AFB - the husband has to get a biopsy in a place that is "delicate."  Poor guy. He has to drink that stuff to clean him out 2 hours before - It's a 3 hour drive. So we are getting there before he takes it and I get to sit while he...

He won't be able to drive and has to lay around for a couple of days.

He won't like that because he is moving all the time. This man won't relax or chill. It has to be forced on him. 

So yesterday I received my flu shot. I know there is a growing trend, toward anti-vaccines but I don't have any trouble with flu shots. Everyone says they get sick, right after. I never do. I don't have issue with infant vaccinations either, although I do believe they have too many now, then when mine were infants. My mom had polio as a child. I am a child of the 50's/60's and I remember taking that oral polio vaccine at school. I remember having all the different measles and my mom had a friend who was pregnant and caught German measles and lost her baby. I never had mumps though...my whole family came down with it and I was the only one who did not get it. Strange.

You know, I just don't get my panties in a bunch over things like that. We all have our passionate fights and vaccines are not one of mine.

Everything in moderation. 





3 comments:

  1. I've never had the flu, but I started getting a flu shot when I spent more time at the schools.

    I found out at a pre-employment physical that I was immune to the Rubella antibody, so I had to have two MMR shots as an adult.

    I recently read that they took vaccinations off of the Autism cause list...or whatever they call that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See reply that for some reason, didn't go under reply.

      Delete
  2. You were immune but still had to have the shots?

    Yes I heard they took it off the list too. I watched a funny video by Penn and Teller. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLcOz4EKrxg&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts