Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday




Today the husband is at the local Stand-down, working with horses. A Stand-down is a Veteran event that helps plug homeless veterans into services. My husband is working with a group that uses horse therapy for veterans with PTSD. My husband also, has been prescribed the same therapy for his issues as well and since he loves horses, this is perfect for him. He will be gone all day and when he comes back home, he will smell like a cowboy! Maybe I should make a pot of chili tonight for dinner.

I'm sitting on my bed, with little Susie to my side. She is so stinkin' cute and getting big. I am loving the quiet of this morning. I do miss my Daisey Mae...that all happened so fast. I miss not having a big dog around. Our day will come...just have to be patient.

It rained lightly yesterday - was dreary and cold. It is amazing though, with the drought we have been in, how green everything becomes just after a day or two of rain. 

My father-in-law moves in to the Va Retirement Home on the 19th of Nov.  It will be so much nicer. Clean and NEW. No one else has lived in his studio. He will be the first. IT comes with everything he needs, just about. Even a flat screen TV and a lounger chair! The place he is at now is clean, I guess. It's just so crowded. I tend to hold my breath, or take fewer breathes, because I KNOW there are germs there. I don't feel that way in the VA Home because it is so new and not crowded.

Last week we had dinner with him where he lives and afterwards, we went back to his room which he shares with another man. He couldn't get back into his room right away, because the man he rooms with, had a major accident while in bed and they had to clean. THAT is what I am talking about. I feel for him, that he has to live in that. Having your own room to yourself is so much healthier.








2 comments:

  1. That's nice nobody has lived in the studio. I think six families have lived in this house. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stand-down sounds interesting and a good service to help veterans, it is sad that some many homes become overcrowded and some will even develop a smell which is not nice either

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts