Friday, October 10, 2014

Foodie, the Realist


http://nancyyy17.tumblr.com/post/13041106512

I was talking with Foodie about all of this Ebola stuff - and I wanted to know what he thought. The husband can get caught up in that doomsday prepper crowd. We watched that show for fun and then I found, he was really taking to it and I am sorry I won't live like that! I'm all for preparing for the winter or for the cold and flu season - have some food stocked up for those times and when we lived down in the SF Bay area, we had earthquake supplies, because that was a very real threat. Ebola to me, is still a long shot and I am not ready to put forth any effort, in actually doing anything. Now granted, I won't be traveling to Western Africa anytime soon - OKAY I'll throw in the whole Continent of Africa for safe measure.

Foodie mentioned that I should stop and really think about what our state water shortage may develop into and what that could mean - financially and economically to this state. He was saying if we don't get any rain and snow by the end of the year, the powers that manage our water may ration us to the point where it will be hard to live like we have - showers once a week, only allowing 80 gallons - I forget if he said a month or a day. So yeah, he is right. You can prepare for one thing, and WHAM, something else comes up and pulls the rug out from under you. Our water woes are more threatening to us, than Ebola is.

I know I was thinking last night - that back in the old days, what could our ancestors actually do to prevent polio when that was spreading - and all the other diseases that have come through and killed many. Boy they were a lot stronger back then than we are today.

 Meanwhile I baked a apple pie last night and it was so good.

8 comments:

  1. I'll take some pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making another one, it was THAT good.

      Delete
  2. Lack of water, Ebola, and apple pie. If someone had told us a year ago that these three things would all belong together in one blog post we would have thought, "Uh...WHAT??"

    It's encouraging to me that there has not been another confirmed case or even a family member or visitor (that judge going into the apartment FAH-reaked me out) who has tested positive. How much longer until the 21 days is up?

    Praying for Duncan's family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there is a nurse who help treat Duncan - who has now tested positive. I just want this to totally go away and YES, prayers for all involved.

      Delete
    2. Saw that this morning... And thought of this blog post. She was a nurse with training and protective gear. Makes me wonder how his family and the first responders are doing.

      Delete
    3. I heard the family gets out of isolation Monday.

      Delete
  3. Now I want apple pie with custard...................freshly baked apple pie and custard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yum and it was good, too

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts