Thursday, October 09, 2014

Ebola panic



Everyone on social media is a'buzz about Ebola. I've had Facebook friends, get into arguments over it. People unfriending their friends and blocking others. Wow. Is this what PANIC looks like? What good does it do, for everyone to fight about who is right and who is wrong - point fingers of blame. It's HERE on our shores. I won't panic until I hear my state is having a epidemic. Then really, what can I do? I'm not a prepper so I don't own one of those suits - We don't have a "bug-out" place to go to. I do not have 5 years worth of food stored away, nor do I have water - my God we're in a drought! There is no water! 

I just don't really know what to think of it all. Part of me, is in shock I guess, but then again I had a feeling we would get drawn into this crisis. I just hope and PRAY that Duncan's family does not get it, proving that maybe, it is not as contagious as we thought?  Wishful thinking? 

And if there ever was a time NOT to have cable, it is now. I am kept in the dark and if I want information I go to the cable news online and read it there. Of course all of these websites and Facebook groups are popping up all over - their motives are to spread FEAR and panic. Hey, I'm not a dummy. I can see where this is going, or may go - but meanwhile I still believe we have some wiggle room to just take in the info and calmly think about this.

By the way, a man died. I feel for him, as he only did what he did to survive. I can't say I wouldn't of done what he did. It's one of those "he who is without sin, cast the first stone."  None of us can say, what we would do, if we were him. So I think there is a lot of needless hot air coming from those who want to discuss something that unfortunately now, is history.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sad and concerned about Ebola, but worried and frightened? No. It does no good. I am in God's hands.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janie you are so right.

      Delete
  2. I can't say I didn't question why that poor guy would risk his life visiting Africa at a time like this, but I was very sorry to hear that he died. I also worry about more cases of Ebola spreading throughout our country, but I've been watching the local news like daily for updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested and keeping a watchful eye but not ready to go out and buy me one of those Bio-suits.

      Delete
  3. We live in Dallas and I don't feel panicked. I know people who are though.

    So little has been said about the family of the man who died. What happened to all their worldly belongings and what will they do now? I feel really sad for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Yeah I was wondering how people in Dallas and around there are taking to all of this. Take care and stay healthy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ebola like many diseases is not nice and can come on quickly but I don't worry about it I just feel for all those affected by it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah worrying just wastes time.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts