Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Autumn



I love Autumn and it bugs me that, Summer won't go - won't take the hint, that it is TIME to go. It's 92 today and I'm sick from an overdose of HEAT. I'm done - literally. I don't understand why Autumn doesn't just get up and kick Summer's butt - infringing on it's territory. It is Fall time...time to get cozy and drink hot apple cider and carve pumpkins. In this heat, the pumpkins turn to mush if you wait too long.

I get gypped every year, out of a full Autumn. Hot shot Summer wants to take over. Winter tries to come in a little early during Autumn and that makes me mad too. Come on, Fall - do something!

I posted on Facebook a picture of last Autumn's colors from my front yard. My cousin from Indiana, remarked that she was shocked that trees changed in California. Ah YEAH, if they are deciduous trees, they change color and drop their leaves. 




6 comments:

  1. Me too. I love autumn. We have been easing into our fall. It’s been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just never lasts long enough...

      Delete
  2. It was 46 when I went for a bike ride this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we get down into the 50's...but heat up into the mid to high 90's. I believe next week I saw a 70.

      Delete
  3. Yes autumn is a nice time of year just like spring these are the seasons I like most

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. I'm not into extremes.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts