Sunday, October 19, 2014

Almost....


This little BIG GUY was almost ours - He was offered to us, with papers for FREE. They paid $2800 for him but do not have the time for him. He is 12 weeks old and a King Shepherd. His father was 170 lbs and Mom was 140 lbs. We instantly said YES, without thinking.

Then later that evening I was getting the icks - second thoughts. I started to worry about my cats - especially our kitten. I worried about how much money it would cost to feed him and would we be able to afford it. I worried about his medical bills. I worried if we could not control him, that we may have to give him up and I don't like to do that - when I have an animal, it stays, till death we do part. He had some issues - like potty training wasn't going well, but I wasn't concerned with that. We have old carpets and now would be a good time. However he was caged for a long time - and he is shy and withdrawn. Of course I really wasn't even worried at that. It was his size. I love German Shepherds but a King Shepherd is just too big.

So, yesterday morning, they let us know, they had changed their mind. I was relieved. The husband was disappointed.

Too bad. We still have a vet bill to pay off. It was NOT the time.

We miss our dog, Daisey. It's lonely without a dog. We have Susie and Miss Buster and for right now, that is good.

10 comments:

  1. Check out http://memorablemeanders.blogspot.com for a free puppy fix. The blogger lives in Africa, and her dog Princess just gave birth to 7 puppies. Cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little big guy! Aw...

    The right home for him is out there. They're waiting for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't he a doll? Look at those PAWS!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes things just end up working themselves out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so sweet and gentle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. He had been caged up for awhile before they got him and he is very scared.

      Delete
  5. I'd love to have that big guy move in with me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know but I don't think it was "the time" for us - plus he is so BIG. and we have the kitten. When I first saw him though, I fell in love. Now they are planning to keep him and get some outside training and also some behavior training due to his fears. Bless his BIG OLE HEART.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts