Thursday, September 04, 2014

living in a topsy turvy world



I am trying to write this in a way, that doesn't give out too much information - but allows me to get it off my chest.

Does anybody anymore fear the law of the land? That is something else I am noticing lately - everyone seems to take a lot of risks - with the laws. They are not concerned or fearful about going to prison, if they do something that is totally illegal. Sure it is understood, if you murder - and if you are found guilty, you go to prison. But all of the other, in-between crimes, are justified away as to why that particular person doesn't feel the need to follow the law. They are above the law.

First off before your imagination starts to wonder, it's not me or my immediate family. Thank God.

It was told to me, and it blew me away. It bothered me. Now I know something I don't want to know. What do I do with it? By knowing, does that incriminate me if they should get caught? I told the Husband, because I needed to get it off my chest. He was furious. He wanted to turn them in at first. I begged him not to, explaining it could be dangerous to us. I then talked to the person - that we would not be visiting them, in their home, until they find a different profession. We don't want to get sucked in. I wish I was never told.

When times get rough - I don't think of committing a crime to get money. I do what I can - all legal. But when you have been living a certain lifestyle and then fall on hard times - I guess in order to save face, or whatever, some people (not all) turn to illegal activity to earn a living. I am blown away. Am I the only one that is appalled? This person, who I know extremely well, made it out like I was being judgmental. I guess I was. Everyone is so afraid of being "judgmental" but when you see someone you love, doing something that could ruin their lives, what do you do?  I'm talking about prison. There is a time to be judgmental and a time not to be.  Is it a victim-less crime? Don't let anyone kid you, there are always victims. Look at Bernie Madoff - sure no one died, but there were victims.

I'm just surprised by the lies - I was told. and so now the truth comes out. I am shocked.

My first reaction, my gut feeling, was telling me, this is so WRONG and that while I may love them, I no way can give them my seal of approval.  I was quiet...until the next day, after mulling it around in my mind. Then the person cops a attitude with me.

What a topsy/turvy world we live in now.




6 comments:

  1. I am not interested in a life of crime. I would be very unhappy if I found out someone I know is engaged in criminal activity. The high school where I taught briefly cheated on the standardized test. Some of the kids told me about it. I was so new I didn't know their names, and they wouldn't tell me which teachers wrote their essays for them. I reported the information to the Language Arts coach and an assistant principal at the end of the day. I said I would find out who the teachers were and let them know. Two days later I was told by a different assistant principal that if I didn't make some changes, which included teaching techniques not allowed by the state, that I would be fired. Two days later I was fired because I did not make my predecessor take down a Facebook page she used to stay in touch with her former students and because security guards had to make too many visits to my classroom (a number of students threatened me and threw things at me). I knew the real reason was the cheating. I shared what information I had with the teachers' union, who had no reason to protect me because long-time teachers would have been found out, and the Board of Education. No one cared. Nothing happened. If I had it to do over again, sometimes I think I would shut my mouth and keep my job, but in all likelihood, I would still report the cheating. I'm not saying that you should report the criminal activity. You need to protect yourselves, but I'm afraid that you are in danger because you know. Can you send an anonymous letter or make a call? Someone else besides you must know and could be the person who reports it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Janie. You are a good person. So sorry that all happened to you. It's crazy how many cheats there are in the world who think nothing of it.

    My situation: It's been done, anonymously.

    Over and OUT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it doesn't surprise me that the person who is committing this illegal act turned their nose up at you. People don't always see the whole picture. All they see is dollar signs. It's sad, especially if there are children living in that home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm telling you - you think you know people....but I guess when it comes to money, all bets are off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel that so many people get away with a slap on the wrist when caught doing something wrong that it does not deter them from doing it again they young get away with bloody murder it seems

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts