Saturday, August 23, 2014

STOP, THINK and Do the Opposite.

One of my favorite episodes of Seinfeld is where George decides to not do what he has always done - instead he does the opposite. What happens is, he becomes popular, successful - When I first saw that, when it came out, I thought it was funny but there was some truth to it. I have always thought about that but to be honest, never had the courage to STOP, THINK and Do the Opposite.

So when I stepped up to the plate, to be become VFW President of the Ladies Auxiliary, I first did it to save it from going under. I also thought, "What the hell." In a way, my WTH was me doing the opposite, throwing caution to the wind - Guess what? So far I am enjoying it. What? Me the introvert is actually enjoying it? I know I know...who would of thought?  Of course it has only been 2 months.

 The Quartermaster of the Post, gave me a front door key, the security door card and a key to my office. I can go there, anytime I want. I even have a desk and WIFI.

We have some things coming up, which will put me to the test. I hope I can remember to delegate and not fret about any of it to the point of it making me sick. It should be fun. So far, it is.





8 comments:

  1. Way to go, Coffee Lady! Always remember to ask yourself these two questions:

    Why not you? Why not now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having your own desk is nice, especially for a volunteer position. At one of my newspaper jobs they didn't have a desk for me. I had to work in the sportswriters' section before they came in for their late afternoon/evening work. Sportswriters are terrible slobs. I left to work at a paper where I would have my own desk.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I would of thought sportswriters would be fun to work with....

      Delete
  3. Hell yes doing the opposite is a good thing at times it is even better when doing the opposite throws some for spin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get too complacent at times....need the spin...

      Delete
  4. WOW! Who woulda thought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not I. Well its only been a couple of months....

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts