Sunday, August 10, 2014

reading, cats, cranky moods and cleaning up


Susie's picture at the Rescue

I've been reading my son's Louis L'Amour books and I am hooked. They didn't call him America's favorite Storyteller for nothing. I started the Sackett series, book number one and Foodie thought he had #2 and #3 but can't find them. He has #4, #5 and #6. So I will need to look for those at the library.  It compliments my own genealogy research. I reupped with Ancestry and have been updating and going back as far as I can. The first book of the Sackett's start in 1600. I can trace 2 lines from my family back that far and further, here in America. It makes me wonder why, my ancestors left to come to a unfamiliar and downright place.

I had some laptop problems - with a blue screen crash. I think I fixed it because it seems to be working fine. Don't ask me how though.

Little Susie is a crack up. She really makes us laugh. She is into EVERYTHING. She uses her litter-box and we haven't had a accident. Cats are so smart that way. I still miss Daisey Mae terribly - you can't compare a cat with a dog but she keeps my mind from "over-thinking" and lets me love on her.

I've been cranky and moody with Char. I am finding I have little to none patience with her.

Trying to clean and organize my house to have a garage sale. There are some "collectible" items that I want to sell through Craigslist, Esty or eBay.


9 comments:

  1. My ancestors came over around 1620 from England. It does make you wonder why they left everything that was familiar to go some place new across the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and it is amazing they survived it all when many did not.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your new kitty is cheering you up. :-):-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she's a cutie and getting into everything. Keeping me busy

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your little Susie is making you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to the beach for a week. I’m looking for some quick reads. I might give Louis L’Amour a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read anything by Louis L' Amour but might have to have a look and see if they have anything by him at the library

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts