Friday, August 29, 2014

OH WELL



I really have never liked working a job. I only do it for the money. When I have worked at jobs in the past, I get stressed out - can't stand the politics, and the pressure. So I naturally thought if I volunteered, it would be the same. Okay, I don't get paid - but the pressure is really off me. If I mess up, OH WELL. They can get rid of me but since no money is involved, it won't hurt me and my household financially. Maybe socially, but remember, I am a PROUD INTROVERT. I don't care one way or the other. This "works" for me.

It also gives me a boost of confidence. Plus, I like what my particular organization does - it helps Veterans and their families. We have adopted a Army-National Guard Unit who is deployed to Afghanistan. Once a month we hold a dinner for their spouses and children. The men at the post, do repairs around the house - and we all just help out what we can. I feel good about that! I never have felt GOOD about working a job. (Now I am talking more about working outside my home) I have always loved working within my home. When I used to do daycare - and various business ventures. With the exception of being a Nanny. I loved that!!!

Char volunteers about 15 to 20 hours a week at the VA Home. She plays games, plays pool - cards, fills up the many hummingbird feeders, does art - the only deal, She doesn't get paid. You can use any volunteer position on your resume so it does count. 

I am sure I will encounter some things that might overwhelm me. politics, gossip and yeah some pressure. I just have to keep reminding myself, it's not a JOB and if they let me go, OH WELL.

PS. Let me note, that my household could always use more income, so it's not like we are independently wealthy. The reason why we are strapped at times, is that I don't work jobs. However, I am a scrapper. I can always do what I have to do, to make some money. (all legal of course) I just don't like to work conventional jobs.


8 comments:

  1. I wouldn't work a job either if I didn't have to carry the medical insurance for my husband and myself. Actually I kind of like the money, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have TriCare through the DOJ. My husband is retired military. It's not the best but its something.

      Delete
  2. Yeah conventional jobs make me wonder about the purpose of life. I I work some where I don't have to use my education I fell like I did something I want to do rather than have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that volunteering is dong wonders for you. I think that what you are doing is really amazing. I've always wanted to volunteer, but I never knew exactly how to go about it. I've always wanted to either help children or the elderly... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google, volunteer opportunities in your hometown.

      Delete
  4. I think those who volunteer are bloody marvellous and it does count in ways you just don't get money but you get lots of other things like experience and a good feeling for volunteering

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts