Thursday, August 28, 2014

desk + wine = job gets done!





Yesterday, I actually worked away from my home - at my desk, at the post for 4 hours - then took some of the work home to finish, because the Husband and I, share the car and he had to get to work. I ate my lunch there - had a glass of wine while I worked...I'm telling you, if every office-type job, had a bar and allowed you to have a glass of wine, 2 things would happen:

1. Some people would never get anything done
2. The others would relax and enjoy their job more.

The latter would be me. Of course I know that would never happen.

No, yesterday I went in to bail out our Treasurer and Secretary who is one person doing the 2 jobs, plus she works 2 jobs and is our volunteer bartender at the post. And  her car broke down so she is behind in all of her Auxiliary work. We have these deadlines - The $30 for the Bond on the President and Treasurer needed to be paid and sent out ASAP. We also needed to get our bank situation changed over from last years officers - we almost have that done. Membership dues had to be sent out along with a newsletter. A few other smaller tasks - so I went in and it all got done! (with 1 glass of wine) GRANTED I worked on it all, till about 8pm last night. By the time I went to bed, I was exhausted. Today I just have to get stamps and mail out everything. Whew!

Now I do share a office with some other board members from the Post but they are usually not there when I am. Plus we have a computer there, with a printer - I'm like a little girl in a candy shop. Now yesterday, I was not alone. Another gal had to come in to help me but we had an enjoyable time.

Too bad I don't get paid for this- but then again, that would ruin all the fun. (no wine)

9 comments:

  1. Wine and work sound good to me. Has anyone else noticed that those very funny e-cards quite often use it's for its? Or does everyone else just not care, while I'm tortured by the error?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't until you mentioned it. Yeah that's just WRONG.

      Delete
  2. I find it hard to have just one glass of wine, so I would be in the first group, half asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I am on high-energy mode, one glass of wine mellows me enough to where I am not bouncing off the walls. But any other time, when I am stressed or nervous, 1 glass will get me tipsy.

      Delete
    2. one very BIG glass, I should say...

      Delete
  3. Things get done more happily with wine, too much wine and all that gets done is sleeping............or is that just me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear a new and uplifting tone to your voice. Taking on the job as president of VFW Ladies Auxiliary seems to have come at just the right time for you.
    I have never considered volunteering for anything before. You have given me an insight which might help me think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it myself. I'm actually having fun.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts