Monday, August 04, 2014

As promised, I am back



I took a break because I just lost interest in everything after Daisey passed. I grabbed up some of Foodies, old Louis L'Amour books and have been reading them. They keep my mind from over-thinking things.

It also helped that we went ahead with our annual family weekend camping trip. I actually was looking forward for the diversion. As it turned out, I had fun. There were 2 family squabbles - but they resolved it and there were no hard feelings afterwards. We saw a lot of wildlife, including a Mama Bear (Black) and her 2 cubs, just 50 feet away. She stood up and wiggled her ears - we stood tall and put our arms out to make ourselves appear bigger. She got down, saw we were no threat and went on her merry way. Now mountain lions are another thing. Fortunately we did not run into them.

We arrived back home Saturday to 109 heat, plus 3 exits from our house, we have a blow out. My poor husband had to change a tire in that heat.




Then Wednesday we had lightning strikes in the mountains - and that equals fire. Right where we were, and where Char, Foodie and Navy, had just took a butt-kicker of a hike, through the Thousand Lakes Wilderness - Now that area, (Eiler Fire) is a raging forest fire - threatening the communities of Hat Creek and Burney. We have 5 or 6 more large fires around us. (to the east, west and north) We are fine -but when the inter-mountain communities have to evacuate, we all feel it. So many good people are taking in horses, goats, chickens, animals of all kinds. I offered to take a dog and a caged bird. I haven't heard anything yet. The motels and hotels in the area are filled.

~ ~ ~

Yesterday I just was feeling lonely and without purpose. So I got in my car and adopted an 8 week old gray tabby cat. I named her Susie, after a kitten I had when I was a little girl. I was about 4, and I remember her tagging along after me. We had a swinging door to our kitchen and my Mom kept telling me to keep it open. I didn't, and the swinging door caught Susie by the neck and broke it. I was devastated. Just so happens, my best friend who died a few years back was also named Susie. AND come to think about it, I am also quite fond of Susie from Peaked in Junior High. .
 Susie was my first follower.

We had a cuddly night - she slept under my chin or very close to me all night. She is litter box trained and very smart. So cute.

14 comments:

  1. So glad you got a kitten! Also glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to have a animal to dote on

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Susie is in your life.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and welcome to Susie. I am sure she will keep you busy and happy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we all are enjoying her

      Delete
  4. Good idea to adopt a kitty. Nice name.

    I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought you would like her name

      Delete
  5. Adopting a kitten is a great idea. Susie sounds adorable. You and she will provide love and comfort for each other. It sounds like the start of a long and loving relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah. It's been a long time since we had a kitten this young. The last one was Timmy a couple of years ago - but he ran off

      Delete
  6. Kittens are so cute, I hope she helps you feel alive and wanted as pets often do

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fires have had me wound tighter than an 8 day clock. I grew up in all those towns in the inter-mountain area. So sad. :(

    Enjoy your new kitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad. At this rate, with all these fires, this area will be a desert in 20-30 years

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts