Wednesday, June 11, 2014

This and that




Give or take a few days, this time last year, the temperature was 112. The last few days, we've been at 103, 102, 105. Gads, I hate the HOT weather. It's not even summer yet!

The husband finally put on those solar screens. THEY WORK! I am able to sit in my living room and not feel like I am in a cave, with all the blinds shut. No more cabin fever for me! I can keep my blinds open - and look out onto the yard - the greenery, the trees, the neighbors...

So the Husband is off for the next few days. Professional Development Days he has to take or lose. Wish we could actually GO somewhere this month and had planned to, but never got around to making reservations. Anyway, he has some appointments. We'll go out to dinner - maybe take a drive, sit by the river and smooch.

There will be a graveside service for Stephanie on Friday. I am still trying to decide if I should go or send a card. First off, there will no doubt be a huge number of people, but also funerals and the such, bum me out and tend to affect me for some days afterwards. I'm more into bringing a dinner for the family,  or helping out another way. I just can't be there - I just can't. So I guess, I won't. I don't like that about me.

So smooching by the river sounds good to me. Even though we probably won't. I'm not for displaying affection like that in public. I always wonder why, couples do that?

10 comments:

  1. Hi again, Coffee Lady!

    105 degrees? Shucks, in my neck of the woods we call that a "brutal cold snap!" :) Seriously though, here in Central Florida the humidity is so high that the "feels like" temperature often runs well up into the triple digits.

    I for one think it's a great idea for you to help Stephanie's family by taking dinner to them and finding other ways to help them through their period of mourning. I am revolted by anything other than the simplest type of funeral and do not look forward to going them, especially lavish ones.

    I thought I was the only person who used the word "smooch." My aunt (in Pennsylvania) used to send me a birthday card every year and sign it with "hugs and smooches." It stuck with me and I still use the term today.

    Hugs and smooches, dear Coffee Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for not wanting to go to the graveside service. Making a meal or helping some other way, especially after all the other stuff is over, will help much more anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be hard on yourself. I am not good with funerals either. Helping out the family afterwards is a great way of helping them cope and coping in general. We all have different ways of coping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you understand that bringing a dinner for the family would be a most thoughtful gesture. I don’t remember who was at my mom’s or my son’s wake or funeral. It was so overwhelming. But I do remember those who offered comfort to me afterwards.
    I believe that there is going to be a full moon on Friday. It will be very romantic down by the river, I bet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be good to have a walk along the river side with cool breeze. Take care of your health from this hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a lot of cold and wet days the last week but we have just started winter, good to hear the solar screens work I don't know anyone who likes funerals

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed my visit at your blog, pointed here by Cherdo and her Versatile Blogger Awards. I saw on your profile your interest in Israel. My teenage daughter and I just went on an amazing trip there last month- hoping to go again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious about what you ended up doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go. The husband and I went for a drive up north.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts