Monday, June 09, 2014

Stephanie






A few days ago, a young lady passed away after a diligent fight with cancer. Stephanie was diagnosed with Small Cell Nueroendocrine Carcinoma in her cervix. It's a rare, fast moving and aggressive form of cancer. This was about 18 mos ago - give or take a month. They initially gave her 3-4 months. She has a awesome husband and 2 little girls. Stephanie was determined to fight it. She had all kinds of emotional support -

In the end, it was the insurance companies and her Doctors who made the decision they could not continue to treat her and other alternative methods would not be covered.

So Stephanie had no other course to take - she had to give up. 37 years old - 

She entered hospice May 21 - and died less than 2 weeks later. 

Yeah I'm mad. 

Past Posts

 A Heart Post

Stephanie

dinner for Stephanie and family

update on stephanie 

update on Miss Stephanie

update on stephanie-chemo 

update-hope for stephanie

7 comments:

  1. It is extremely upsetting, Coffee Lady. I'm terribly sorry to get this news. Stephanie was a beautiful woman and you could see the goodness shining through her eyes. It is a tragic loss for her family and everyone in the world she touched or would have touched in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. I remember you posted about her quite a bit. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer sucks! I don’t understand why someone who was not ready to give up was not given the chance to keep on fighting. I am so sad to hear about Stephanie. My heart goes out to her family. I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your lost. May God give you and her family peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie is to be applauded for her courage. I'm glad she lived so much longer than doctors originally thought she would. Quite a few years ago I knew a young woman who had cancer and needed a bone marrow transplant. Her insurance company wouldn't cover it. A large group of people fought the insurance company on her behalf and raised funds to help pay for her treatment. She lived for years, rather than months. I was so sad when she succumbed to the cancer that could no longer be beaten.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are no words of comfort at a most difficult time like this--Sadly, this happens all around our country. Losing a dear one, no matter who, hurts into the ages.
    Insurance companies and doctors are necessary evils, yes, evils, as often they surrender before your loved one does. Peace be with you and your friends families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sad, to die so young and leave children it is just so wrong

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts