Monday, June 23, 2014

Oh no!





I'm a little jealous - my sister and her husband are looking at a house in Watsonville - about 12 miles south of Santa Cruz and of course it is on the coast. Right now I already hot and sweaty - and this is after my shower. I've been cleaning the house, vacuuming and ...well vacuuming. Right now, cool coastal weather sounds awesome to me. The aroma of the redwoods, not far away linger in the foggy morning air. I grew up on that! Reality is, my bones couldn't take it and my mental health. I need sunshine. I just wish the sunshine wasn't so HOT because I love to be outside.

Speaking of outside - I will be getting plenty of it at the end of July. It's time for our annual family-bonding weekend camping trip or "mom-likes-to-bitch-and-complain-and-is-no-fun-anymore trip."
Hey, I'm going. I can moan and groan if I want. Plus, I'm 60! 

Char will be going - she doesn't know if she likes camping or not. So it might be fun to watch how she is. (Misery loves company) Now our type of camping is not at a campspot. We go into the National forest and pick a spot. As long as you have your fire permit, you're good to go. Foodie already has a few areas he thinks would be good. They are always WAY OFF the beaten trail, and you know what that means? No bathrooms. Oh we will bring our little portable. We dig a hole, and place the chair/seat over it. And that is our bathroom. How many ways can I say, I HATE THAT? Then we have to cover it with dirt. Just gross.

I just want to get it over with. All joking aside, I really no longer enjoy camping like that anymore. It's not comfortable for me. I do it because I love my family and this is what they want. I can suck it up, I guess for a weekend.

Sometimes loving people suck. 




13 comments:

  1. Hi, Coffee Lady!
    May I have a cup, please? Black, thank you. (hold the pickle...hold the lettuce.)

    I'm not much for camping either. I had enough of it when I was in scouting. These days, my idea of roughing it is to drop down from a 5 star hotel to a 4 star. :) I will also be taking a break from blogging and going on a trip at the end of July. Maybe we'll run into each other at Rattlesnake Gulch! :)

    I hope you are enjoying your week, dear friend. Talk to you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Have fun on your trip. 5 star hotel sounds great.

      Delete
  2. My type of camping involves hot and cold running water a flushing toilet and doors not flaps just saying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - that wouldn't work in my household.

      Delete
  3. Do you t least have an air mattress? I hate sleeping on the ground. My husband always wanted to camp. In a tent cause he went when he grew up. But, he can't take heat and bugs anymore so I don't ever foresee that happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I have to have a air mattress. We have a nice tent for just the two of us and the dog. We have all the gear - lanterns, cook stove, COFFEE POT, etc.

      Delete
  4. I feel your pain. Last year our family camping turned into seventeen people with tents in two spots because they were the last two spots. I wanted to be on the other side of the campground in the woods. Like you I smile and wave like everything is Okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do anything for 2 days!

      Delete
  5. I don't do camping. Maybe you could stay home and facetime them around the campfire.

    I'm sure it won't be that bad.

    Visiting from #Whatever# because Gossip GRl told me to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. Staying home is NOT an option. Good idea though.

      Delete
  6. Stopping over from Gossip Girl's blog to say howdy! I have to say, this sounds like the recipe for a movie to be made about this trip someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have something there.

      Delete
  7. Anything is bearable for family! I would love to go camping if we had a camper with all the comforts of home! Definitely tent camping would be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts