Monday, June 30, 2014
We're HOT today. At least I can look forward to the 4th - 98 sounds downright cool to me. I get sleepy in this hot weather. Daisey Mae, woke me up around 5:45 am - which is good because I needed do a few things and knowing it was going to be upwards of 110, I plan to "siesta" in the afternoon. I did 2 loads of wash - hung a few items out on the line and within 15-20 minutes they were dry.
My electric bill came and I guess it was when Char started using her AC - and our solar shades had not made a difference yet. Went up $160 in one month. So we had a family meeting...
1. turn off lights when you leave a room
2. Fans do not cool a room, only the person. So turn off fans when you leave a room.
3. Turn off computers
4. I am trying to keep the outside lights off but the Husband keeps turning at least one of them on before he leaves.
5. I was leaving a light on in the dining area, for Char - if she had to come in at night. Now I have replaced it with a night light.
6. Turned the AC to kick on at 80. We had it at 77.
7. Char, being from the Pacific Northwest, doesn't quite "get it" about how living in a HOT environment is. She doesn't realize how expensive Electricity for the AC is.
It's weird how keeping the house at 80 is not that bad. We actually feel cooler than we had it at 77. Maybe we are getting used to it. I read where in desert climates many people go as high as 83 and 85 or 86 when they leave the house. Gee, I've been doing it all wrong. At times I would crank it down as low as 76. No wonder my bones were always hurting.
So we have July, August and Sept - maybe 2 weeks into Oct for these unGodly temperatures. I sure hope it is not this HOT when we go camping. It shouldn't be - higher elevation - around 5000 ft or more. Cool at night, probably around 90 tops, for the daytime.
And as I have stated before - it's DRY HEAT. Our humidity is less than 10%. It's like walking around in a hot oven. You don't even work up a sweat.
It is said, the Baby Boom started exactly 9 months after, the war ended. If ever there was a time, I was happy to have not been bor...
You know, March is a fickle month. It cannot make up its mind whether to be Winter or be Spring. Of course, Spring will win, just abo...
My Hometown Beach Some of my blogger friends, do this post where they tell what they are reading and watching...So I will do my...
Got my shot, this morning. Man, that stuff hurts and burns as it goes into my system. Worth it because I am already able to lift my left ...
I don't remember my mom ever making these strange bizarro recipes, but I do remember seeing them all the time in magazines and cookb...
Miss Buster a couple of years ago The power of the mind - Yesterday Foodie and Navy dropped by to pick up mail - while sitting around...
This is a home decor RANT that really doesn't belong on my Home blog - I try to be nice over there. That's why I have this ...