Sunday, June 01, 2014

coffee tea and naps





I've been tired lately. Sleepy tired. As if I can't get enough sleep. Yesterday I woke up at 5am - and even after 2 cups of coffee, I was back in bed at 9am. I didn't get up till 11:30. Okay, so I needed the sleep but then at 1:30 I went back to bed, and slept till 3:30. Then I was ready for sleep at 10:30.

I'm not sick - just sleepy-tired. My morning coffee isn't doing it for me. My sons say, my coffee does not have the sustained energy to keep me going. So I have been making sun-tea to sip on, in the afternoon, to keep me going. Except for yesterday, I totally gave in to it all.

Lets get real here - I love to sleep. Naps are one of my hobbies and I do them well. I discovered naps, when I was pregnant with my first son. Fatigue would envelop me and I had to lay down. Before I even knew what hit me, I would be having one of the best sleeps ever - get up a few hours later and feel fantastic and still be able to sleep a full 8 hours! 

Maybe I need prenatal vitamins.




10 comments:

  1. Naps are delicious. I don’t really get into bed to nap. I will, though, settle into a comfy chair, with a book. It’s not long before the book is in my lap and I am drooling on myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delicious is EXACTLY what naps are. Good description. I drool too, but only when I take a nap. Nighttime I don't drool. I wonder why?

      Delete
  2. Hi, Coffee Lady! Seems you've elevated napping to an art form! :) If it ever becomes an Olympic sport you can lead team U.S.A. :)

    I'm like you, dear friend. I find it easiest to sleep at all the wrong times and that sleep tends to be the deepest and best. I think a cup of green tea once or twice a day is a healthy choice and will give you a lift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely nap. But I did twice in the past couple of weeks. I sleep poorly at night, so napping is probably a good thing.

    When I was pregnant, I dressed up as a psych patient. ;-)
    I used my prenatal vitamins as meds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could take naps. I try to avoid taking them, because if I sleep during the day, I'm up all night. So take a nap for me, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went through a time like that always wanting to sleep but after a sleep study I was told I had Sleep Apnea now I have a Cpap machine and the desire to sleep so much has gone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no cPap machine for me. I won;t do it. It would mess with my hair.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts