Monday, May 19, 2014

Turkey and morning smells





Here it is - almost Memorial Day and I've got a huge 20 lb turkey in my oven. Usually the only turkey we eat during the summer, would be in the form of sliced turkey from the deli. But this big bird, was taking up space in the freezer and I didn't want to waste it. So this morning, the cat woke me at 5am - and I took that opportunity, to get the defrosted turkey into the oven to cook during the cool of the morning. Nothing fancy - non of the trimmings, just mashed potatoes, gravy and a vegetable. Then we'll have the meat for sandwiches.

I know why the cat is waking me up - the sun rises and she is ready to start her day.  Daisey Mae, wasn't ready to go outside, at 5am this morning. Right now she is passed out on the love seat.

I don't like food smells, this early in the morning. There are a few food smells that are okay for the morning and they are:

Coffee
donuts
bacon
toast
cinnamon rolls
onions and green peppers in a omelet

I love it when it's winter and I come back inside my house, early in the morning and it smells like a donut shop - with the coffee. I never have donuts - but once or twice a year - that's a treat. My mind, just goes straight to donuts when I smell coffee. Boy I wish donuts were a health food. 

So this morning, my house smells like coffee and turkey - kinda disgusting actually. Totally messes with my mind.



8 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Coffee Lady. I think we need to circulate a petition to have donuts officially designated as a food group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up at 5am as well. I think your kitty hears the birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitty does hear the birds plus there's some new competition next door.

      Delete
  3. I love turkey, but I have to stuff it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha.

      Well I usually do, but it takes longer to roast.

      Delete
  4. Lol... coffee and turkey is how my house smells on Thanksgiving and Christmas morning. With all the cooking that I do on those days, coffee is a necessity. I know what you mean about wishing donuts were a health food, too. I wish that about chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dark chocolate is healthy for you - of course MODERATION is the key

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts