Saturday, May 17, 2014

this and that




The weeks go by so fast - I  can't believe it's Sat nite. The husband is getting ready for work and I am just about ready for bed. I hate his graveyard/3rd shift. We've been doing this over a year now - I will say we have adjusted just fine but we both hate it - we just don't dwell on it.

My hip has been throbbing with this dull ache - I guess it would be considered "pain." It hurts but it's bearable. It tends to wake me in the middle of the night. It feels like my bones are frozen. Ever since the bike ride - I should of never done. Totally tweaked out my lower back, but more with my right hip. Oh well. I'm too busy to get it looked at - like I said, it's bearable. I won't go to the Doctor until I am in severe pain.

Which brings me to a friend of mine - Stephanie. She was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer about 18 mos ago and there is nothing more that can be done. A few days ago, they rushed her to US Davis, with ammonia in her liver. Talk about pain - this young lady has so much pain to deal with - physical as well as emotional - in that, she is preparing her 2 young daughters for her death. So sad. She's been such a fighter. 

I did not meet up with the gorgeous colleague of mine - BUSY week. She was busy too. We'll touch bases when we touch bases....


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Coffee Lady! Tough times for you and those you love. I'm very sorry. I hope the pendulum soon swings the other way for you. I put up with agonizing pain in my hip for a few years and finally needed surgery. I hope yours remains at the status of a dull pain and that eventually the pain subsides entirely without an invasive procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surgery is always the last option. I'm not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer is a bitch! My niece is battling metastatic breast cancer right now and had to have a hip replacement surgery because of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awful. I hope she can fully recover. and yes, cancer is a bitch.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts