Monday, May 12, 2014

The 60-card


My latest picture - taken in Ferndale, Ca



Okay, so after Wednesday - while I did laugh at what the little girl said - it really did hit me. I DO have cracks in my face. I can see how a little kid would wonder, what the heck are those???? All in all, I'm okay about being 60. I admit, at times I use it as an excuse, even though I can still do a lot. It's like my e-coupon. I pull out my 60-card, when I want to get out of something or don't want to do something. HEY, I'm 60, I CAN DO THAT!

When you are in business - with real live people in the real live world - even if you are 60 - they expect you to look and act like you are 30. No excuses there!

So, I find out that there is a rock-star-marketer here in my town, who is one of the top leaders of my company. I thought I was the only one in town. (There goes my ego) I contact her through Facebook (that is where most of my business takes place) and I find out, that not only is she smart, successful, and rich but she is drop dead gorgeous. She is a model. She is 50 years old and looks like she is 30. I'm not talking cute or even pretty. She is HOT.

So we are going to meet sometime this week for coffee - and all of a sudden, I want to pull out my 60-card - and make up some excuse not to meet with her. Why? She intimidates me. I certainly would never want to stand next to her in a group picture,  if you get my drift.

I showed her picture to my sons. They agreed she was HOT. Foodie was sweet - he said it was all fake. But hey, fake or not, she looks good. I showed her picture to the husband. He agreed she was beautiful. Then to make me feel good, he tells me I am beautiful in my own way - that I have a funky-type of beauty.  FUNKY???  Is that a compliment?

Funky beauty who loves vintage hats


One of my business friends, told me I was ballsy to meet with her. I have to. I need to pick her beautiful brain - I will be self-conscience though. Plus I have no idea what to wear. I mean I have nothing that could even come close to making me look as good as her. It's supposed to be HOT this week. So I can't hide in big clothes and I won't wear shorts in public anymore because of my 60 yr-old knees.


back of vintage hat that I want so bad - excuse the blue barrette


I am so tempted to pull out my 60-card.


14 comments:

  1. How about a cute sundress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really had me laughing, but I do like that you use the 60- card sometimes. I say, good for you and I'm going to have to remember to do that when I turn 60, too. In my opinion, you have nothing to worry about when you meet this woman. You look great and you are rocking that hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah - I figure at age 60 I can use whatever I what. I love the new 60's FREEDOM I have now.,

      Delete
  3. Hi, Coffee Lady! I think you're a pretty woman and you are still young. As far as I'm concerned, 60 is the new 16. I can write that because I will soon be 65 and I think and act like a teenager. I think it's a wonderful idea for you to meet with this women. The best way to learn the secrets of a successful person is to have lunch with them, ask them questions and find out precisely what they did to get where they are today. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right and I do know that. Maybe some of her beauty and success will rub off on me

      Delete
  4. Once the initial “Hello, how are you” is out of the way, I have a feeling that it will be a productive and interesting meeting. She may even turn out to be your new best friend. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next week - we were both busy

      Delete
  5. I'd go with those pigtails you once wore. You looked twelve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLOL. Oh yeah, my pig tails. Hey, I gotta be me.

      Delete
  6. I think funky beauty is a compliment because it means you aren't just another cow in the herd. You have your own special look. Having said that, I admit I'm quite intimidated by good looking people. I avoid having my photo taken.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Janie, I also hate my picture being taken too. Good looking people also intimidate me so I try and be funny. I'm not good at that either.

      Delete
  7. Have to jump in here. My cousin, 1 day older, is beyond beautiful and everything I could want to be. I have always felt like I was in her shadow and I couldn't even pull the 60 card. We will both be 65 this year. It's taken all this time to get over it. I am smarter than most people, funnier than most, and have talents she can't hope to match. It's the same for you so put your card away and be who you are. And you are very lucky. I don't look like my pictures, I skipped that step and went directly to looking like my mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny!

      Thanks Ann for the encouragement. It takes awhile to embrace the age.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts