Sunday, May 11, 2014

Just clean out the dishwasher and I am fine




Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers. 

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers of fur babies. 

For those who are not Mother's for whatever reason - I feel for you. It's like today is a BIG party and you are not invited.

To be honest, it's not that big of a deal, so don't feel bad. I have 3 sons, 2 of which are alive - I'm grateful for them and I know they are grateful to me. I really do not require flowers, or chocolates - or anything special EXCEPT:

* clean out the dishwasher
* wipe down the kitchen counters and stove
* clean the sink
* feed the animals today
* wash my car
* BBQ tonight
* Don't Bug me and Don't give me lip about anything.

Foodie plans to grill burgers - We call them, Danny Burgers. He worked at In and Out for 7 years in management and learned how to grill PERFECTLY. Navy brewed some of his homemade beer - so I'll have some of his special brew.

Other than that - I'm fine. Today also is my Dad's birthday - He would of been 82. My parents anniversary too. They would of been married 62 years.

4 comments:

  1. I like the "don't bug me" part the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would someone please tell Willy Dunne Wooters not to give me any lip today?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Coffee Lady! That's thinking outside the box. It doesn't take much time and effort to send flowers or pick up a box of chocolates for Mother. Pitching in around the house, cleaning and doing chores, is a more meaningful Mother's Day gift. I hope your day is going well, Coffee Lady, and I wish you a wonderful week ahead! Enjoy those burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange how children of any age can't unpack or pack a dishwasher it is like they think dishes just magically get washed and put away.............

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts