Sunday, May 18, 2014

Early morning cat




The cat woke me up this morning - she kept body slamming my bedroom door. I wake up, open the door and go back to bed. She then, comes in, jumps on the bed and comes up to me and meows. I try to pet her but she jumps down and heads for the door. I let her.  I am not ready to get up. I go back to bed.

She quietly tip toes back into the room, jumps and LANDS on the bed (feels like a 100 lb Lion) My eyes open...nothing. I close my eyes - she comes right up to my face. I feel her whiskers, and hear her nose sniffing my face.  I can even smell her kitty breath.  She MEOWS. I try and pet her, she jumps down and heads to the door.

I finally get up. I stagger down the hallway - she wants outside. I open the sliding glass door - she stands there - looks up at me. She won't move. She then jumps up on the kitchen counter - that is her sign, she wants to eat. Wow early for her this morning. It was 5:15am. She eats like she is starving to death. I'm trying to think, "did we forget to feed her last night?" I go back to bed.

A few minutes later - she comes back into my room. LANDS on my bed. Walks up to my face. I feel those whiskers again - I open my eyes and she jumps back down and heads to the door. Okay, she wants out now.

Once again, I get up, I stagger down the hallway - I open the sliding glass door - she stands there...looking out. She looks up, she looks down. She  s l o w l y  walks out. I close the door. I go back to bed. I no sooner, lay my head on my pillow, when I hear a MEOW. She is now, right outside my bedroom window -  I could ignore her but she is trying to communicate to me. She just wants me Up.

I give up. I make my coffee and she now, is a happy little kitty. She is sitting on the patio, checking out what happened throughout the night during her evening captivity.

It's going to be a LONG day.


10 comments:

  1. Kittens are like kids. They want your attention as long as they have slept well. You need to catch up with your sleep while they take a nap.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather wake up to the sound of a meow than a alarm clock.

      Delete
  2. That was hilarious. I hope you at least got a nap in at some point in the day... lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and it was so good.

      Delete
  3. HaHa. That sounds like our puppy. He likes to sleep on the sofa while we are watching TV. But he also likes company on the sofa. He barks and barks until my husband gets up from his chair and sits next to Rico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My big dog is sleeping on the sofa right now.

      Delete
  4. Pet's can be so frustrating when we are trying to sleep

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! My dog just thwaps her tail against everything in sight until I get up. No sleep for the two-leggers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts