Tuesday, April 08, 2014

(A-Z) G is for Google Chrome




So yesterday I decided I wanted this Internet marketing toolbar on my Facebook. You have to be using Google's Chrome. So I downloaded it. I downloaded the Internet marketing toolbar. I couldn't unzip the doggone file, so I downloaded a free version of Win-zip. Picked up a browser-bug called my-search-dial-com.  For the life of me, I could not get that booger to go away. It is a browser-hijacker.

So I had to uninstall Google's Chrome.
Uninstall Win-zip
Go back into Mozilla to the extensions and find it there to deactivate. 

The little bug, hitched a free ride, in the free little package,  download from Win-zip. NOTHING IS FREE.  It cost me 3 hours of my time.

At times I can be such a GEEK!

11 comments:

  1. don't blame the Chrome, though. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, chrome is good. I did have to uninstall the chrome because I got that mysearchdial on it and I just am annoyed.

      Delete
  2. Yikes. I've never really used Chrome and am okay with that.

    A to Z commenter
    Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I liked Chrome - but uninstalled it because the mysearch dial was on it and I just didn't want to have to mess around with it.

      Delete
  3. I didn't have that happen with Google Chrome but I did with another "free" program I downloaded. Took me weeks to find all the little pieces that had inserted themselves in other programs. It was ugly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that little nasty from WinZip not Chrome.

      Delete
  4. OMG I hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had somehow got Google Chrome? And it caused nothing but problems with my computer. I got hacked, by someone in Nigeria, and D's credit card got hacked, and then the A**holes, tried to hacked my parents bank account, which in turn, got the ***holes caught by the bank. The bug is called "conduit" and its literally a gate that is wide open for anyone to come into the back door. Please be careful. as this clean up cost me a pretty penny to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what I had to unzip but turns out I don't need to unzip anything

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts