Friday, April 04, 2014

(A-Z) D is for Denver




Okay so we all know I am traveling to Denver later this month. My sister lives just outside Denver but I won't have time to visit. This is one of those rush rush trips. I have a all-day seminar that is supposed to last through the evening.

I am hoping she can come meet me Friday night in the lounge area for a visit or maybe for dinner.

I've flown into Denver -
I've flown over Denver -
I have driven through Denver.
I have been picked up at the Denver airport and driven to where my sister is -

but I have never been in Denver.  I am excited to be able to see this mile-high city. I don't believe the altitude will bother me much - just about 35+ miles from me, we can go a "mile-high" as well. Granted I don't live in it daily or have to bake in it -


cupcakes baked in high altitudes


D is also for Donna (my sister who lives outside of Denver)
D is the first initial of my sisters husband, who lives outside of Denver - with Donna.
D is for my dog, Daisey Mae, who is going to miss her Mommy (me) when I go to Denver. 









10 comments:

  1. I bet it took forever to type all this D's in bold. Have fun in Denver! Bring ear plugs, Sleepmate, and headphones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful city. Safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice D words.
    My uncle and his wife live in Denver Colorado too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Denver but have read about cooking at different altitudes and wondered. Looking at the pic of the cupcakes well I don't have to wonder anymore. The bakers there are definitely challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denver can be nice to visit. I grew up in small town wyoming but we would go to Denver for the airport and such. They have a pretty good ballet (I saw the Nutcracker one year and even better was when we went to see Dracula). Hope you have a good trip, even though it's short and busy.

    A to Z commenter
    Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Denver either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola! I really enjoyed your post! I have never been to Denver but hope to some day! Like how you wrote your D-is-for post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! I never thought baking at high altitude would be tough. I know some peeps who live there and they never complain. Perhaps the beautiful scenery makes up for flat cupcakes...
    (new follower)
    Lexa Cain’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been to Denver never will go to Denver just saying

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lived in Denver as a small child and only remember icicles. I too have driven through Denver and flown into Denver. I remember a restaurant (cafeteria) as a teen but that's about it. Guess I need to go back and make new memories.
    http://yeakleyjones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts