Sunday, April 13, 2014

(A-Z) Catching up with the H's




The reason why I have been busy is that my step-daughter has some health issues that I needed to help her with.  Not going to actually pick out a H word - I'm just going to let the post flow and highlight all the words that begin with H.

I have no idea what is going on with her - Her hands shake all the time. Especially when she hasn't eaten for a couple of hours. We were out shopping this past week, and both times we had to stop and get her something to eat. Scared the crap out of me.

So she called her medical health clinic (she is on Medi-Cal) and  they gave her the run around and told her they were not making any appointments. WELL Mama Bear, decides to try. Because she registered with this mobile health van, she has to continue using that - on a first come first serve basis. The nurse was nice enough to me, to recommend we get her a blood glucose machine to check for Hypoglycemia. She has most of the symptoms.

Yesterday we went out and made the purchase and the poor girl, is pricking her finger and using the test stripes and writing down what the number is. The THING is, we don't know what we are doing. I hope to get her into the Health Van, Tuesday morning. (Tomorrow she has a 9am DMV appointment)

I'm getting an education though - There's HYPO-hypoglycemia and HYPER-hypoglycemia

She doesn't like to cook and tends to want to eat convenient meals. She doesn't like most veggies or even fruit for that matter. Very finicky. We grocery shopped yesterday and I convinced her to buy some spinach, lean meats, carrots and to lay off the jams, candy bars, and boxed macaroni and cheese. Until we get her seen, I thought it best to just have her eat a more balanced whole food diet. Surprisingly she liked her spinach. She'll eat the carrots but really doesn't like them.

Gosh I can't imagine anyone not liking carrots.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine not liking carrots either but it's nice she'll eat them even if she doesn't like them. I'm not so keen on eating veggies I don't like even as an adult.

    A to Z commenter
    Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get, the more I enjoy fresh vegetables. Still don't care for brussel sprouts though...

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts