Thursday, April 03, 2014

(A-Z) C is for Cannabidiol


Don't freak out on me, here!



Cannabidiol — CBD— is a compound in the cannabis that has significant medical effects, but does not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counter the psychoactivity of THC. The reduced psychoactivity of CBD-rich cannabis may make it an appealing treatment option for patients seeking anti-inflammatory, anti-pain, anti-anxiety, anti-psychotic, and/or anti-spasm effects without disconcerting lethargy or dysphoria.

Wow, did you know that? Since last year or so, when I tried a homemade marijuana alcohol for my pain, I've been sold. I have chronic low to mild pain and on occasion, I do get hard pain.  For the most part, this past winter has been mildly pain-free. Mild, dry weather, exercise and strengthening my lower back and core, has a lot to do with this. 

Scientific and clinical studies underscore CBD’s potential as a treatment for a wide range of conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, MS, chronic pain, schizophrenia, PTSD, antibiotic-resistant infections, epilepsy, and other neurological disorders. CBD has demonstrated neuroprotective and neurogenic effects, and its anti-cancer properties are currently being investigated at several academic research centers in the United States and elsewhere.

NOT TALKING ABOUT MEDICAL MARIJUANA.  The poor industrial Hemp plant gets a bad rap because of it's rowdy cousin. I am hoping that will change.

Learn More on CBD and spread the word. Sick people need this!


http://mycbdresearch.com/





For those who are in pain, please look at the article regarding Endocannabinoid Deficiency Syndrome. 

Now that is mind-blowing!  I think it's time people start knowing this and DEMAND changes to be made. We've been lied to throughout the years and kept from this important treatment option. 







4 comments:

  1. My husband was a narcotics officer for many years. Injured in the line of duty, he has excruciating pain at times. I applaud your post and hope the research catches up with reality. from the a to z bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard this is wonderful for people in pain and especially for those suffering from MS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learned something new. Thanks.

    A to Z commenter
    From the Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This sounds interesting! I hope the research pans out and they make it readily available to people who need it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts