Wednesday, April 02, 2014

(A-Z) B - feeding my passion, finding my element




I've been reading this book Finding Your Element (How to discover your talents and passions and TRANSFORM your life) by Ken Robinson.

In trying to think up something for B - I thought about B for Business. Of course that is on my mind 24/7.  I can be a bit of a work-a-holic when I feel I am on to something. I believe it is my passion.  Am I rich because of this?  No, I'm just a poor entrepreneur still trying to find "the one". I have to keep trying until something works. I seem to be a entrepreneur dabbler. I dabble along the way...try this one, try that one but I totally believe THAT is my element.

I've never been much at being a job-worker for other people. I hate jobs. I've had only a handful of jobs in my life. I found right off, that working for someone else SUCKS. My dad had his own business and always told my sister and I, that we should always, be prepared to start our own business - make our own money, instead of making someone else rich. The biggest pyramid scheme is corporate America.

I've had success in my past - starting up a small business - being self-employed so I know I have it in me.

Late Feb. I stumbled upon a new venture, that hit my passion button. Whether, I am able to make it work for me or not, I should never be ashamed of trying. That's the key.  Just keep on, keeping on.





13 comments:

  1. Your Dad sounds like a very wise man! Good luck in your new venture, I hope it works out!
    Shawn from Laughing at Life 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawn. I am now following your blog. So relieved I do not have barophobia.

      Delete
  2. Good post for today. Owning a business is a challenge but can be a great one. I've never wanted to own my own but I definitely appreciate others that do. Good luck in your ventures.

    A to Z commenter
    From the Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't know until you try...good for you and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I figured. Plus I do have the support of my family. They root for me way more than I root for myself.

      Delete
  4. Last year I wrote on A to Z of Resource management. Instead of writing what I learned in college, I wrote how I felt about each subject. It was cathartic to get my words out.

    You will do great if you write from the inner most place of your heart, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for that Munir.

      Delete
  5. Visiting on the 2nd day of the #challenge. Hope you find new blogging friends. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy can I RELATE to your struggle. I have sold real estate, corporate travel, and high end network training... I hate being locked up in an office. I LOVE dealing with people and helping, but I like being independent too. I wish I knew what to do when I grow-up... oh yeah... I'm on Social Security. RATS! ;-) I appreciate your tenacious attitude... GO FOR IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good going in A-Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I worked a job that used this pyramid scheme. They called the chain of command and encouraged me into climbing it. I made it as far as store manager of a 7-Eleven. That was years ago and boy the stories I could tell. Best wishes in your new business venture!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts