Monday, March 03, 2014

Rain





It rained all night.  Today, it is supposed to rain all day. Not enough to get us out of the drought but it does help. Up here in Northern California, we are not getting the flooding that our Southern neighbors are getting.

When the days get like this, dark, damp and dreary - I have to fight like mad, to get up and out of the house. I just want to stay put. My house is a mess since I took off all weekend from doing anything. I will pay today! The kids splurged on pizza last night for my birthday.  I am so done with food. I now need to detox. Oh well, it was all good.

I can hear the rain, hitting the windows. I love that. We've gone from yellow grasses to green - just after a few days of rain. I imagine the plants and trees, thirsty for water - smiling as they bask in the soakings.

The Husband was not feeling well last night, before going to work. I hope he is not getting sick again. He is usually so healthy. He wanted to get up on to the roof sometime today, because we think we may have a pelican or white sand-hill-crane trying to make a nest on our roof. This huge white bird with long legs, keeps standing in our little pond, trying to peck at our fish. This bird is persistent and won't go away. I let Daisey Mae outside to go potty last night, and heard the bird, on the roof of our lanai.  Ms Buster refuses to go outside. This bird has a huge wingspan and stands tall. I don't get why it is here - less than a mile is this huge ranch, that has lakes and ponds. Why our little man-made pond? Anyway, today is not the day, to go standing on the roof. 

Our eagles are running into some trouble again this year.  Liberty laid 3 eggs. On the Cam, a horned owl, a red tail hawk and a younger adult eagle, came into their nest. One of them destroyed one of the eggs.  I know I am not suppose to transfer human feelings on to wild life (and trees) but it hurts me to see this happen again. There is about 2 1/2 more weeks before these eggs hatch. We still have 2 left. These will be Spirit's first eaglets with Liberty. It would be glorious to see new life, after all that happened last year.






10 comments:

  1. Hi Coffee Lady, I wanted to let you know that I responded to your post on my site http://gwynnsgritandgrin.com because I don't know how to get my site to let you know that I did respond. Thanks for your comment and suggestions! I look forward to checking in with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got your message. Thanks

      Delete
  2. The bird knows...just like your dog knows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're not flooding there. Hope everyone gets to feeling better. Hope you enjoyed your birthday pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! But I am ready to get back to more normal eating.

      Delete
  4. Me too feel lazy to go out of house during chill. Be careful of pelican. Take care of your husband health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are pelican's mean? I think it is a crane but I know we have pelicans here too.

      Delete
  5. Just returned from N. Calif. first few days were glorious (sunny) and I'm sure the rain we left behind fro snow will help with the empty reservoirs. When did you return to blogging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long story. I was locked out - I forgot my password and had a 2 step verification and lost the code. Finally, on Dec 31, I remembered my dumb password and got back in. I had to start another blog for a few months and then transferred it all back over here once I got back in.

      Moral to this story: Don't trust your memory. Write down your password somewhere!!!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts