Sunday, March 02, 2014

I'm here World!

60 years ago today



Okay not the prettiest baby girl at the hospital - they kept mistaking me for a boy. I was 6lbs 13 oz and only 17 inches. I was a human BOWLING BALL. I guess they really liked me. Dad got all mad at the Doctors because I was born with a black eye. Apparently the forceps slipped.

When Mommy couldn't take a pee, right away and they threatened to cauterize her. Finally after some time, and no pee - some nuns and nurses held her down and tried to attach it,  and it hurt so bad, Mom accidentally (you believe that?) kicked the nun in the face. They told her she was a brat.

And to think, my Mom did not want me born at the Army hospital in Virginia.


My dad's car - probably the one that took me to the hospital




Good Samaritan Hospital -



8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and God Bless You. It will be fun being sixty. I was happy to be sixty for some reason, may be because it meant that my Medicare years are getting closer. Enjoy this year and the years to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah all those additional senior discounts I can get now. Whoopie.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Coffee Lady. Here's to 60 more. Haha.

    Your head was nice and round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't have a chance to get the cone head - fast labor.

      60 more - yeah right!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I think you were a very pretty baby.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I didn't make it over yesterday for your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday! So how is 60? I will be around to join you in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH wow Betty, 60 is awesome! :-)

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts