Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy 2nd day of Spring!




What can I say? I walk to the beat of a different drum.  I much prefer the 2nd day. The hoopla is over and now us Spring Aficionados can really whoop it up!

Yesterday we had dinner at the care facility, where my FIL is living. We ate in the dining room and they had a Irish Fiddler and a guitarist playing. He is doing much better these days, and is anxious to get into the VA Home soon. He is on a waiting list and we just hope he can make it. He will be 89 in May.

Char told Roy she was done - she wanted out of the marriage and she wants to stay here, to get her life re-started. It's always sad to see the death of a marriage but I'm sorry, some marriages are just doomed at the get go. I am not surprised at this. When she married him, she had only known him 3 months - and then all of a sudden, she tells us we are NOT invited to the wedding. WHAT?  Roy played into her fears, about her family being all together. Made it out like we were all going to sling food at each other during the ceremony. And YEAH, the husband was terribly hurt. Dad's look forward to walking their daughters down the aisle.  As it turned out, there was no aisle - she wore jeans and so did he. She didn't talk to us for about 3 months. Now mind you, we had been on good terms with her. So we suspected, Roy was a lone wolf and he didn't want to be with any family except his own.

But we were always good for a handout.

Oh well.

A few months ago, my life turned upside down - everything changed and I was so overwhelmed with it all. Now, I can see, we made it through. All of us did. The Father-in-law is doing well. Char is moving on. I'm getting used to her being around and it's working. She understands me now and gives me my space. Sure, I had to throw a few tantrums. My sons like their step-sister and all 3 of them, sit around and talk and laugh and it's fun to have young people in the house. Keeps us young!

So this is my new life for awhile - I noticed my elderly neighbors across the street have their son and their grandson living with them. The son is about our age and the grandson is like in his 20's.




8 comments:

  1. That's so cool that the "children" all get along! You sound happier, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Abe once said, I am as happy as I make up my mind to be.

      Delete
  2. In India it is not uncommon for three generations to live under the same roof. Here in America my boss at my previous job has three generations living in her house.
    Happy Spring, We are expecting snow on Tuesday. Lets see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the old days here in America, we had many multi-generational families living together. Who says the newer ways are better? IN some ways, it is good to see families helping each other out in hard times. For me, that is what we are supposed to do. Within reason of course. If it has to do with illegal activity or drugs and alcohol, then they would have to fend for themselves.

      Delete
  3. Yes having young people around helps keep us young, but sometimes it is nice when the house is empty and I am home alone doesn't happen very often but nice when it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my alone time. Sometimes they all bug me but then sometimes when we are all together, talking and laughing, it is fun.

      Delete
  4. More and more families seem to be living together. My brother in law and his sons live with my mother and father in law.He moved in when he and his wife split and never left.
    I am glad things are starting to work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah it's not the best situation or one I would of wanted, but we're making it work. I mean, what choice do we have? You have to try and make the best out of these kinds of situations.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts