Friday, March 14, 2014

Good Stuff




I am very pleased to report that Char was approved for both SSI and Social Security Disability for her "mental impairment."  Bless her heart though, she thought she might be too smart for it - it came as a mixed blow - happy that she has it, but then the way they listed her disability. I told her it is just a medical/legal term. We know she can be smart - but she does have impairment and the Physicians could see it clearly. Because of that impairment, she has to have someone to handle her money, called a Payee - which is me. That means, when she gets her check sometime in April, we will go down to the credit union and open up an account. I will be on the account and will keep her books and pay her bills - what I plan to do, is sit down with her and teach her.

She also will received back pay from Nov 1. She will have to pay back her General Assistance. But she's only been on that for 2 months. I never knew, people had to pay that back. So regardless of what "some" may say, it's not just a free handout.

The last few days, my body has been aching. I feel great but my skin hurts. I feel bruised like I have been beat up and that I am all black and blue, underneath my skin. I'm thinking it might be Fibromyalgia. I've had this on and off for a few years - My mom had it bad - My niece has it too. I'm just one, who doesn't really want to "embrace it" because if I do, it might really hit me. So I just try and ignore it. But I have been awfully sore. I am waiting for some cannabis salve to come any day now. I don't think that it will be enough! I'd have to rub it all over my body.

I feel good mentally and emotionally. I did walk about 4 miles the other day and felt fine. I don't know why it is hitting me a day or so later?  My knees hurt, my hips, my butt, my arms - even my fingers!!! I hate this because I like to be active and it hurts to move, today.

Oh and one more thing - Our VFW Ladies Axillary needs a President and no one will step up. So I read what it entails and I can do that as long as I keep my boundaries. Really all I have to do, is oversee the meeting once a month and a few things like that. Anything else I will designate and if there is no one to designate it won;t get done. PERIOD!!!  We vote next month. I was the 3rd Vice - so I pretty much have to step up - unless someone does between now and next meeting.

I do love our Veterans and their families and I do it for them. For the old guys and the new young ones, just coming back. Their moms join - wives.  My heart has always been for our military. I am not a joiner, but this I can do and do it with purpose.




4 comments:

  1. I hope that you feel better.
    Disability benefit is never a hand out.
    You are always helping out in some way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life sounds much busier these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes and goes in spurts. It will slow down by summer when it gets hot.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts