Monday, February 17, 2014

Uh oh, I feel a BF coming on




I've been sick now one week. Sore throat that feels like razor blades in the middle of the night. Last night was the first night, without the sore throat. Although now I sound like Kermit in the morning. Coffee, does not taste good to me when I am sick. I drink it anyway, to ward off those evil caffeine headaches - only 1 maybe 1 1/2 cups. Then because I am not drinking my usual quota, I get sleepy and cranky in the afternoon.  My taste buds are off, so I don't feel like eating because nothing tastes good.

Oh woe is me. 

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I've complained about this for months now but I am doing it. The cable is going at the end of this month. The Husband and his daughter are boob-tube addicts. Every time they come into the LR, the TV gets flipped on. Char likes all those fairy tale, love stories, Princess Diaries, Charmed, etc. The Husband always flips to the military channel. I mean, how many times does a man need to watch tanks? and old battles that have already been fought?  Foodie and Navy watch TV and movies on the Internet. EXCEPT for sports. TOO bad. They will have to go "old-school" and listen to baseball on the radio.

I pay $140 a month for basic cable (on demand) and Internet and a phone, I don't ever use. The telemarketers have taken it over. I'm on the do-not-call list, but they call anyway. It's just so silly, to sit by the phone, and let it ring - Thank God for caller ID. Unless I know the number, I don't answer and of course they never leave a message. Grrrrrrrrr.

But they get you. It is cheaper to have a land-line. Well ours is a Internet phone so when the Internet was down, like the other day, our phone was too. It didn't bother me one bit.  Why the heck do I even need a phone?  This includes a cell phone. It really bugs me to pay something I don't enjoy or use that much.

I've even thought about doing walkie-talkies or a CB - just so I don't have to use a phone. Now days, you don't even need a phone to make a Dr's appointment. Just do in on the Internet. I like that BEST.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

  • We had a wind storm that blew through here Sat. night and blew down our young Oak tree. After further checking, the Husband was able to save it.  

  • A portion of our back fence also blew down. The husband and the gal in back of us, will go into together with the cost, to fix and repair it. 

  • Navy has a loan to buy a formerly loved newer car. Tomorrow I have a date with him, to go out looking, if I am feeling better. He's been using our Beast, for months now. It's on it's last wheels. I'd really like a truck or a ATV because we live so close to the mountains and we like to camp in the forests but you have to have a good vehicle that can get you in and out. I don't care for campgrounds you have to pay for although they do have bathrooms which I do "enjoy." 

  • I'm bored.

  • I want to go clothes shopping soon - just haven't felt like it. The summer clothes are coming in and I am down a size since last summer. I also want to go through all my old clothes and maybe, embellish them, and restyle them, so I can still get some use out of them. I just can't get the energy or motivation to actually do it. 

Man, I hope I feel better tomorrow. I love going out with my son. We always have fun - laugh and act silly. I really enjoy his company.












2 comments:

  1. That's exactly how I feel about my son these days. He makes me laugh. Are you going to share more about the no comment post? Or did I miss something.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts