Monday, February 17, 2014

Oh Lord, make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am.







Right now, by my feet, is my precious, Daisey Mae. She looks at me with those soft, gentle eyes as if "I am somebody."  Little does she know, I am not as good of a person as she thinks I am. I make mistakes and use poor judgement all the time.  Maybe she does know and that is why she loves me. 

It was a innocent act - at least I thought it was.  I can NOW see, it was risky behavior on my part. How come I didn't see that, when I made a knee-jerk decision?  Someone took the high road and I see that. Whoa, like a cold, slap across the face - I needed that!

Oh why oh why, do I sometimes do the things I do?  I can be impulsive. Then I beat myself up afterwards.

This time, I will try not to beat myself up - I will acknowledge that I am human and I did something really stupid. 

I will also try and not obsess on "why" I did what I did. It's done and over with.  Life moves on.

Oh Lord, help me to be the kind of person, Daisey Mae thinks I am.





Popular Posts