Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Early-Morning Companion


photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/eopath/2254510807/">eopath</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc</a>


The morning is quiet. The dog and cat follow me, as I grab my coffee and stumble down the hallway, to my bed - each take their place beside me. This is our morning ritual. I sip and stare. Dear husband, made my coffee last night for me as he left for his 3rd shift. He added some cinnamon. Yummmm, it smells as good as it tastes.

"I have never found a companion that was so companionable, than solitude."
Henry David Thoreau

I am feeling better today. Yea Me! I don't know what I had - a flu or just a bad cold, but it knocked me me for a loop. Not only did it make me feel physically weak, but mentally and emotionally, I was off. I started to get down. I hate that I am so prone to depression. Not that it got that bad - just that, dark cloud starts to move in.

I also feel a bit mixed up - about my businesses. Like why bother? I have too many irons in the fire. So when I get sick, it effects many projects. I am behind. I haven't been to Curves in a month. Between conflicting schedules, car-sharing, tweaking my lower back and this cold. I will give myself a couple more days rest, before I start to work-out again. I've lost about 5lbs just from being sick.

It is still quiet enough to hear, a flock of geese, fly over my house. I love that sound. The other day, a huge white crane flew into our yard - trying to feed on our pond fish. They hibernate now and I can only find 3 of them. We won't know, if the crane ate one, until the water starts to warm up again.

I'm starting to hear the sounds of a new day. Time for me, to say goodbye to my special companion until tomorrow morn.





photo credit: eopath via photopin cc

5 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are feeling better. It has been over two months since any Geese flew over our roof. Oh well, Spring will be here, sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sound of geese in the early mornings or at sunset. Yes spring will be here soon, of course here in California, we always get a little spring during our winter months. It will be nice when it is more consistent.

      Delete
  2. From The Devil Wears Prada...

    Emily: I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

    Have you seen that? I thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and its so true. The only good thing about being sick.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts