Friday, February 28, 2014

My Decade of Death




The last day of February. Love it. We have rain on the agenda for today and the rest of the weekend. Glorious rain. I'm looking forward to a cozy weekend at home.

 The first and the last days of a month really mean something to me. OKAY so I am strange like that. I'm excited because not only is today the 28th, but tomorrow is March 1 and the next day is my 60th birthday. (Finally, you all say!)  I know I know, I have been ranting about this "date" for a year but it really means a lot to me.

You see, my fifties - the Decade of Death - is coming to an end. I struggled those 10 years with depression, death, grieving, anxiety, financial challenges, loss - It other words, it sucked to be me, during those years.

I'm realistic though - there will always be loss, and death and challenges. I just hope I have learned enough to get me through any future crisis. I've cleared up lose ends, made my amends and I am coming into this new bright, beautiful decade with a lot of HOPE for the future. (Even if at times, circumstances beyond my control don't look too promising)

 A good ending, to a hard decade.

I have a awesome husband, who loves me to pieces. I am looking forward to many years, traveling and just hanging out together. Sure we may at times, lock horns - because of our differences but its when we come together again, that puts the sparkle back into my soul. Opposites attract.

Yeah I may have grown adult children, living at home with us. The good in all of that is, we are all making memories and while we may fight and argue - we do enjoy and love each other. We all are very close with one another. And that is special.

My health is excellent for being 60. I'm telling all younger ones, it does pay, to take care of yourself when you are young. Hard, fast living shows up on you and when you get to be my age, it's harder to hide. 

I haven't yet decided what I will name the next 10 years of my life. Any suggestions? (Besides my Sexy Sixties)


photo credit: prayerfriends via photopin cc

4 comments:

  1. Decade of Decadence? Sultry Sixties? Ten Years of Treasures?

    Just curious, when did your healthy living take root?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was early 90's when my dad had a 6 or 7 bi-pass. Fairly uncommon at that time and it freaked me out. I guess I was in my mid 30's.

      Delete
  2. I will have to think about the name for your 60's. I hit 60 in October and I am doing my year of firsts. I am going in to my 60's with an excitement and anticipation of many good things to come.

    I am glad for you that you are out of the Decade of Death. That happened to me in my 20's. My husband, my brother, my brother-in-law and my dad. Sometimes it just seems like many things hit at once. Go forward with excitement and enjoy life!! Happy 60th Birthday on Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm excited.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts