Saturday, February 22, 2014

Just saying...



I am struggling, trying to accept the fact that Char is here and it looks like she is staying for a very long time. It's hard when there are 2 women in the household. I am the QUEEN of this house.  Yet I have to share - my space and my time with her.

I am her official chauffeur. Her wish is my command. Her schedule is my schedule. No wonder my businesses are down. This seems to be my job now. Husband is busy with his father and I get to take care and entertain his daughter.   I even have to share the Husband with her. Of course, he is her dad. That annoys me. I don't want to be a threesome - I did not marry her.

Char, being a lady of leisure, sits out in my living room at night, with all the lights on, watching TV until the early hours of the morning. I had to get up one evening to tell her to turn down the TV - that I was trying to sleep.

I always said, God knew what he was doing when he gave me 3 sons. We just have always given each other space. I am a guy-mom. I am not good with girls. I don't like the girly-girl things she does. When we talk about sports, she makes this "meh" sound. 

Today I skipped out ALONE and went to the dog park with Daisey Mae. We enjoyed our time together. 









11 comments:

  1. that sucks! I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Headphones. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. old TV. I wouldn't know how to do that but it is an idea.

      Delete
  3. Hmm, and I always wanted a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure if you raised one from birth, they would be a blessing.

      Delete
  4. Our paths are somewhat star-crossed aren't they! You have a step daughter and I have 2 Alzheimers parents. WOW, wonder what would happen if we got together and let em duke it out? LOL I'm just joking though.
    I have been between the hospital with my dad in for 10 days with congestive heart failure and pneumonia, and my mom is being a moron and general pain in the butt. Acts like a 5 yr old when told no.
    My problem is I cannot get away at all. No where to go, its snowing and living outside of town where you can't get to too much.
    Its still a mess here but its just day to day like you.
    Like I was told by someone, from the movie "Finding Nemo", Dory telling Nemo, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming". Its all I can do to tread water.
    Hugs to you. I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Denim. I am sure my husband wishes he could get away too. His dad needs him.

      Delete
  5. Your house, your rules. Enforce them.

    Love,
    Janie, who knows it's easier said than done

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would drive me batty sitting around with all the lights on watching tv half the bloody night and doing nothing much all day it is rude, it is your house, my niece Kelli lives here but she does a lot of the housework and cooking and is always offering to help me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She lives in our motor home to the side of our house. So as long as she keeps that clean - she buys her own food now so that is good. She does her own laundry. Pays for her own stuff. Does her own cooking. She just comes in the house for bathroom, TV and computer.

      I just need to lay down the law. It's like a party going down in my living room at 2am.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts